Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

Sith Happens

I doubt our millionaire players can be that upset about having a warm weather training (jolly) cancelled to Dubai.

If any of them are they want buying a one way trip to Dubai.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, David said:

I like Waghorn, was a snip at £5m.

Looks a right character to have around the place as well.

Latest Instagram live video at Moor Farm catching Mason Mount wearing Adidas trainers whilst he’s sponsored by Nike and singing he’s one of our own to Mason Bennett. 

Scored a few goals and covered 2 positions as well which has been handy. 

Wouldn't have liked to see Martin out wide when needed.

Surely we could have got Lee Evans much cheaper if we needed a comedian. 

Was this Dubai trip ever billed as a training camp?

From what had been reported prior to this article the squad was given some time off and some of them went to Dubai with their families.

Does anyone know for a fact that there was an official trip that was subsequently cancelled by Mel?

8 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I like him too but I'd hardly describe him as a snip. He's certainly not warranted the £5 million fee just yet, though I think he could in the future.

?‍♂️

45 minutes ago, David said:

I like Waghorn, was a snip at £5m.

Looks a right character to have around the place as well.

Latest Instagram live video at Moor Farm catching Mason Mount wearing Adidas trainers whilst he’s sponsored by Nike and singing he’s one of our own to Mason Bennett. 

Scored a few goals and covered 2 positions as well which has been handy. 

Wouldn't have liked to see Martin out wide when needed.

Waggers,the definition of jack of all trades and master of none unfortunately....it's all very well playing in lots of positions but not if you arent brilliant at any of them.

4 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Waggers,the definition of jack of all trades and master of none unfortunately....it's all very well playing in lots of positions but not if you arent brilliant at any of them.

Waghorn is the definition of a team player, a striker although is willing to put a shift in out wide when needed, and what he has done for us. 

I realise he has taken Chris Martin's number 9 shirt, but that doesn't mean you have to be derogatory to him, not his fault Martin has been loaned out and doesn't appear to have a future at this club. 

2 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

If he goes it's a shame. Can't say I would personally be too fussed, but it would be a shame.

Find it incredible that, six years after he left, the manager we might need to hire could be Nigel Clough.

Club in trouble financially. Squad a mix-match of mad wages and players bought by multiple managers for multiple systems. Potentialy even getting docked points (disgraceful).

If we were to end up in the situation that multiple newspapers are forecasting then we likely wouldn't be able to attract a manager like Jokanovic going forward (especially if the rumour about his wage demands is true). 

Clough might be what we need. And about all we can get.

Jesus christ, someone pass me the whiskey.  

I'd rather have Rowett back than Clough, and I really wouldn't want Rowett back either. He is your bog standard league 1 or 2 manager other than name their is no reason why he would deserve to manage us , I would rather us try someone different like Norwich and Leeds have done.

1 minute ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Fair play. It was a very niche reference to be fair.

Very niche? If you was sober for a few days you might not have missed us talking about it, the club tweeting it or the memes floating about.  ?

Sith Happens
30 minutes ago, Stroker Ace said:

From what had been reported prior to this article the squad was given some time off and some of them went to Dubai with their families.

Does anyone know for a fact that there was an official trip that was subsequently cancelled by Mel?

I never heard of it until today. All lampard said was they have 5 days off.

They can afford their own trips.

3 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

If he goes it's a shame. Can't say I would personally be too fussed, but it would be a shame.

Find it incredible that, six years after he left, the manager we might need to hire could be Nigel Clough.

Club in trouble financially. Squad a mix-match of mad wages and players bought by multiple managers for multiple systems. Potentialy even getting docked points (disgraceful).

If we were to end up in the situation that multiple newspapers are forecasting then we likely wouldn't be able to attract a manager like Jokanovic going forward (especially if the rumour about his wage demands is true). 

Clough might be what we need. And about all we can get.

Jesus christ, someone pass me the whiskey.  

I did post on here when Nigel Clough went to Sheffield United in Div 1 that Sheffield United would get to the Premier League before we would and we would have wasted millions in the process.

I hope I'm wrong, but football is played with 11 players against 11 players, and having 11 players organised, hard working, and all fighting for one another and having a Manager that can adopt his team accordingly against the opposition as per Leeds Utd v Sheff Utd the other week, well it can take you a long way. Unfortunately it appears that there are too many footballers chasing the wage, instead of chasing the real rewards of honours, the self respect of the hard work put in achieving success of winning titles, promotion and cups instead of the filthy chase to waste far too much money on the waste of space 4x4's, sports cars, ridiculous watches and the amount of far too many rooms they have in their waste of space mansions.

Streams of Whiskey all round.

image.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I did post on here when Nigel Clough went to Sheffield United in Div 1 that Sheffield United would get to the Premier League before we would and we would have wasted millions in the process.

If Sheffield United go up this season I'm not sure you can credit any of that to Nigel Clough! 

38 minutes ago, Stroker Ace said:

That's what I thought as well. Perhaps another example of the press making stories up.

Just now, David said:

If Sheffield United go up this season I'm not sure you can credit any of that to Nigel Clough! 

I'm not crediting it to Nigel Clough, but was making the point that a Div 1 side would get to the Premier League before us and they wouldn't waste as much money as we would getting there.

30 minutes ago, David said:

Waghorn is the definition of a team player, a striker although is willing to put a shift in out wide when needed, and what he has done for us. 

I realise he has taken Chris Martin's number 9 shirt, but that doesn't mean you have to be derogatory to him, not his fault Martin has been loaned out and doesn't appear to have a future at this club. 

Indeed it's not Waghorns fault. That doesn't make him a 'snip' at £5m or a good buy.

He's a more butch, less talented Nuge, runs around lots and is one of the lads.

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, Stroker Ace said:

This could well be fake news then.

Honestly I do wish Thorne's Barber would behave himself. Little scamp.

Archived