Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, David said:

Very niche? If you was sober for a few days you might not have missed us talking about it, the club tweeting it or the memes floating about.  ?

I remember watching the video at the time and finding it hilarious.

I'm sorry for momentarily forgetting about its existence, a month down the line, when I've been cramming my head with four law modules and learning another language in that time. Plus my liver with Sainsbury's Basics Gin, Lambrini, Dark Fruits, Vodka Coke, White Storm, etc. Sometimes I think all you do is sit at home and read the forum.?

1 minute ago, CHCDerby said:

I bet he could for £5m. His goals would be hilarious and the celebration would be funny. 

But he’s not a footballer is he, where as Waghorn is and scored valuable goals for us, the 2 v Hull last month gave us 3 points.

You can’t polish a poor analogy.

1 hour ago, David said:

I like Waghorn, was a snip at £5m.

A player doesn't become worth £5m just because he is willing to give his all in whatever position his manager picks him.  That should be the minimum required from any professional footballer.  That's what they are paid to do.

I like Waghorn's attitude too but I've set to see anything that warranted the £5m fee, let alone an even higher price.

Conor Sammon would probably have run all day long on the wing had he been asked. 

2 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I remember watching the video at the time and finding it hilarious.

I'm sorry for momentarily forgetting about its existence, a month down the line, when I've been cramming my head with four law modules and learning another language in that time. Plus my liver with Sainsbury's Basics Gin, Lambrini, Dark Fruits, Vodka Coke, White Storm, etc. Sometimes I think all you do is sit at home and read the forum.?

Apology not accepted. Try a cup of Horlicks at night instead.

3 hours ago, RamNut said:

He might have the rubles - but not the marbles - to run a football club.

Surely he's already showed that with the ridiculous procession of managerial appointments and quick firings post McClaren 1.

Just now, Highgate said:

A player doesn't become worth £5m just because he is willing to give his all in whatever position his manager picks him.  That should be the minimum required from any professional footballer.  That's what they are paid to do.

I like Waghorn's attitude too but I've set to see anything that warranted the £5m fee, let alone an even higher price.

Conor Sammon would probably have run all day long on the wing had he been asked. 

Not another one, where have you lot been hiding? ?‍♂️

I've been reading the Times for a couple of years now and I've noticed that Derby get a very basic comment after most matches usually just a couple of sentences in the championship round up. Yet they reported MM selling club for £1 and now this. It's certainly not balanced coverage and seems biased against our club. Is some journalist trying to sabotage our season? Makes me think I'll change my paper.

Just now, Dappled Ram said:

I've been reading the Times for a couple of years now and I've noticed that Derby get a very basic comment after most matches usually just a couple of sentences in the championship round up. Yet they reported MM selling club for £1 and now this. It's certainly not balanced coverage and seems biased against our club. Is some journalist trying to sabotage our season? Makes me think I'll change my paper.

It is weird in the last few months the tide seems to have turned and a lot of stuff is coming out via the Times. 

I don’t really trust anything Derby unless it comes from John Percy really. 

14 minutes ago, David said:

But he’s not a footballer is he, where as Waghorn is and scored valuable goals for us, the 2 v Hull last month gave us 3 points.

You can’t polish a poor analogy.

He’s not been worth £5m. You can’t polish a mediocre player. 

My analogy is that he needed to do more than make people laugh. 

Sith Happens
21 minutes ago, Yojimbo said:

Surely he's already showed that with the ridiculous procession of managerial appointments and quick firings including McClaren 1.

ftfy

1 minute ago, CHCDerby said:

He’s not been worth £5m. You can’t polish a mediocre player. 

My analogy is that he needed to do more than make people laugh. 

I wouldn’t expect any player to repay what we paid for them over just 20 games. 

My point beyond the snip meme which appears to have gone over everyone’s head, is that he appears to be a character in the dressing room, something many managers talk about when signing players. Building a team off the pitch is just as important as on the pitch.

The discussions over was he worth the £5m should come when he leaves the club, likewise with Marriott, Lawrence and every player that walks through the doors.

To be honest I still think the Trevor Francis transfer fee was way too much for any footballer regardless of ability, although I guess they have to be judged on the market today which let’s be honest, £5m doesn’t get you much.

Yet the club are still going ahead with a DCFC Fan Forum next week, if there was speculation regarding the manager, the club would not be hosting such an event.

I wish these journalists would do proper research rather than rely on gossip.

3 minutes ago, David said:

Already have yet that also appears to have gone over your head as well, at this point for my own sanity I will politely say forget it.

Awww bless. It could just be I've not read every single post on the Board?

Archived