Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Actually, this makes it sound very likely. This journo is not a sensational idiot. If it doesn't happen, I'd like him to explain this article.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jun/14/chelsea-frank-lampard-talks-maurizio-sarri-Derby-manager-candidates

Think they are just using Frank to keep the fans happy during a couple of barren years. 

There's nothing new or unique in that piece. Well just this bit

"Chelsea enjoy a fine relationship with the Championship club whose chief executive, Stephen Pearce, left his role as a finance director at Stamford Bridge in 2013. Lampard has been preparing Derby’s pre-season, and discussions have taken place over contract extensions and transfer plans."

but that's nothing stunning.

Came on the forum last night on a nightshift, saw this thread has a few more pages so clicked on. Had a mild panic attack as all the posts seem to suggest it’s a done deal.

Anyhow, after reading a lot of gratitude for last season I couldn’t help being left with  feeling less than.

I remember people saying we were taking a big chance with FL as he’s got no experience etc. Now it reads like he did us a favour by gracing us with his presence before swanning off to Chelsea.

didnt we do the favour by gambling with a rookie? Don’t get me wrong I was made up he came and enjoyed the season and I do not want him to go as I was excited about what he could do next season, but if he goes I can’t help feeling a bit cheated. Hope not. 

6 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I would expect so too!

Screenshot_20190614-230059_Samsung Internet.jpg

"To soften the blow of us taking your manager, here's some players for a year that we were going to give you anyway"
Gee, thanks Chelsea

Under the terms of his current deal, any club wishing to take him is required to pay £3.5m in compensation to Derby and that figure rises to £4m if the buying club is playing Champions League football, which Chelsea will be doing next season.

ssn

Don't know if this has been posted.  If it's true not sure how they know it ?

Maybe we're being naive and this will be the next great Mel Morris swindle.

Chelsea come in and pay the £4m compensation to get Frank Lampard, the only problem being that they didn't specify WHICH Frank Lampard. We ship Frank Sr. down there, keep hold of Junior and pocket 2 Rowetts worth of cash for nothing.

Pleasure doing business, Mr. Abramovich

1300483741_MelMorris.png.59e556958d5debb8dde6b32bf48e421a.png

Strange to say after all this I have a lot more respect for Paul Ince .  When he was asked about his son going to Huddersfield he said the discussion was between Morris and Hoyle and that Tom would be happy to stay with Derby as he had a contract there if Derby didn't want to sell.   Oh, for the same basic humility from the Redknapp clan.  Not mentioned Derby once to my knowledge. 

27 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I would expect so too!

Screenshot_20190614-230059_Samsung Internet.jpg

That appears to be absolute balls. Where on earth have they got that information from? I'd love to know how they can justify that bit of garbage

Every Chelsea player will have their future mapped out. They'll be loaned out when and where it suits them because they're human beings and not a block of statistics on football manager. 

I can really see it. 

Jorge? Jorge! Yeah, basically you're going to Derby. Anyone seen Phillipe? Ah! There you are, you can go too. Now is there anyone else that wants to go live in Derby for 10 months? Hands up or I'll pick you out at random. Word has come down from the big man and he's making a deal with the northerners. 

I mean ffs. How are the media allowed to report any old poo as news. 

What a complete lie. Absolutely call the knob who wrote that out. Total rubbish. 

Any players made available to Derby will be players that Chelsea would consider loaning out anyway. And it will be a conversation between the player, agent, parents and club on what the next move will be. 

They aren't fooking hedge trimmers. Let us have Lampard and you can borrow one of these humans for a bit. 

balls. Utter balls

5 minutes ago, JfR said:

Maybe we're being naive and this will be the next great Mel Morris swindle.

Chelsea come in and pay the £4m compensation to get Frank Lampard, the only problem being that they didn't specify WHICH Frank Lampard. We ship Frank Sr. down there, keep hold of Junior and pocket 2 Rowetts worth of cash for nothing.

Pleasure doing business, Mr. Abramovich

1300483741_MelMorris.png.59e556958d5debb8dde6b32bf48e421a.png

I wonder if this is actually another example of Mel's amazing strategic leadership?

A few years ago the majority of developers of casual games were busy trying to get rich by increasing the spend per head. Mel had the far better idea of Candy Crush increasing it's heads per spend. It's hard to get a 50 people to spend a 5,000 (£50) pennies each, but quite easy to get 5,000 people to spend 50p each. That was Mel's genius.

Maybe he's now hit on an equally brilliant plan. Every other club are trying to grow young players and sell them on. Really, the market is saturated. However, there seems to be a real lucrative market in selling on managers. I reckon next season we ought to get a new manager every month after flogging the last one on for a profit. Also has the added benefit of constant new manager bounces and every fan getting their managerial wish - Hughton - no problem, he's doing September. Yanakovic - pencilled in for October. Cowley brothers for November, Igor in to keep everyone happy at Christmas etc.

Guardian article is quite interesting, bit of better in depth journalism. I think lampards a smart man and knows what he’s in for, but the old adage “you’ll never win anything with kids” is gonna be tested again I feel... cause that’s all he’ll have. It’s worked before tho so who knows. Will be tough with Chelsea still expecting top 4 mind, be harder than ever for frank to get that. Still feel someone with more experience would be better for Chelsea and this could all end horribly, even if it is less inspiring.

Interesting we got Stephen  Pearce from Chelsea too, didn’t know that. Must have been a coup at the time.

2 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I wonder if this is actually another example of Mel's amazing strategic leadership?

A few years ago the majority of developers of casual games were busy trying to get rich by increasing the spend per head. Mel had the far better idea of Candy Crush increasing it's heads per spend. It's hard to get a 50 people to spend a 5,000 (£50) pennies each, but quite easy to get 5,000 people to spend 50p each. That was Mel's genius.

Maybe he's now hit on an equally brilliant plan. Every other club are trying to grow young players and sell them on. Really, the market is saturated. However, there seems to be a real lucrative market in selling on managers. I reckon next season we ought to get a new manager every month after flogging the last one on for a profit. Also has the added benefit of constant new manager bounces and every fan getting their managerial wish - Hughton - no problem, he's doing September. Yanakovic - pencilled in for October. Cowley brothers for November, Igor in to keep everyone happy at Christmas etc.

Kenny Burns in for February so us fans have someone we're happy to vent at and he's happy with making sure we screw that month up again

Interesting if frank doesn’t stay loyal to his backroom staff when he moves... would Drogba upset things a bit, too many cooks and all that? Tho it appears he’s taking all the Derby lot with him so there’s still trust there and we won’t have to deal with them when the new man comes in. Wouldn’t have ever expected terry to work under Lampard, they’ll work separately but with mutual respect over their careers I’m sure, zola will leave I would imagine, wouldn’t want remnants of that last regime. Does seem that it’s pretty much a certainty now, surprised but oh well. We’ll survive IF we get the next appointment right When he leaves. 

Interesting chelsea wanted sarri to stay after they nearly sacked him... rather ironic backtracking there.? Did well to get all that compensation in the end all things considered when he really couldn’t have ever stayed... 

I really can’t see Lampard having agreed to the job this quickly mind... there may have been initial talks but there’s no way everything’s complete yet. No way. Don’t buy petr Cech had any involvement either..,why would he?! Interesting he didn’t even have his pro license yet last season... we really did take a gamble beyond what anyone would expect really. I guess we had to.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Interesting if frank doesn’t stay loyal to his backroom staff when he moves... would Drogba upset things a bit, too many cooks and all that? Tho it appears he’s taking all the Derby lot with him so there’s still trust there and we won’t have to deal with them when the new man comes in. Wouldn’t have ever expected terry to work under Lampard, they’ll work separately but with mutual respect over their careers I’m sure, zola will leave I would imagine, wouldn’t want remnants of that last regime. Does seem that it’s pretty much a certainty now, surprised but oh well. We’ll survive IF we get the next appointment right When he leaves. 

Interesting chelsea wanted sarri to stay after they nearly sacked him... rather ironic backtracking there.? Did well to get all that compensation in the end all things considered when he really couldn’t have ever stayed... 

I really can’t see Lampard having agreed to the job this quickly mind... there may have been initial talks but there’s no way everything’s complete yet. No way. Don’t buy petr Cech had any involvement either..,why would he?! Interesting he didn’t even have his pro license yet last season... we really did take a gamble beyond what anyone would expect really. I guess we had to.

Apparantly Makalele has left his job as coach at a Belgian club today as well .

7 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Whose going to want him .  Any money we make on the others we'll lose paying him off in pie's.  A bad idea.

I figured we make back whatever we pay on him from Pride Park's stake in the Greggs on the side of the ground

Archived