Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Jeez are you on commission for driving clicks to non stories ? You keep posting the same speculation stuff over and over again

Christ it’s today’s date. 

Are you still saying he’s staying 

Really can’t understand people having a go at the messenger 

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Frank would be a big loss for the club, another manager not seeing at second season at DCFC.

Plus side is that we should make around 4-5 million in term of compo from him going and we made 2 million for Rowett so our managers are now becoming assets.

Jokanovic would be the one for me, he knows how to get out of the league and is a top quality manager, he was linked with the Chelsea job earlier in the season i believe.

If Frank did go maybe it would help us become a feeder club for the youngsters at Chelsea, Tomori back and maybe a few others. Mount *cough *cough

Hope it is sorted out as quickly as possible and we can move forward from where we left off last season.

If he goes we would get the compensation that’s in his contract - when Rowett left we apparently received £1.8 million - for Lampard in the first year of his contract £2 million would be decent 

31 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

He's replaceable and there are better managers out there than Frank. 

I’m not so sure, the reason why he is going to be Chelsea’s manager next season is because of what he did in his first season and the potential he has shown. In the toughest league in the world imo, he guided us to Wembley with only 2 transfer windows, there were games where we didn’t play well admittedly, however he had to reshape a team and try to implement a new style of play with limited options.

FL will be successful in his career, it may not be next season given the transfer ban, but it will happen, Id be interested to see how many of these better managers that we could realistically attract had a first season like FL with the circumstances he inherited.

Football will go on at Derby of course, but for me it’s a big blow when he goes. 

3 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

I’m not so sure, the reason why he is going to be Chelsea’s manager next season is because of what he did in his first season and the potential he has shown. In the toughest league in the world imo, he guided us to Wembley with only 2 transfer windows, there were games where we didn’t play well admittedly, however he had to reshape a team and try to implement a new style of play with limited options.

FL will be successful in his career, it may not be next season given the transfer ban, but it will happen, Id be interested to see how many of these better managers that we could realistically attract had a first season like FL with the circumstances he inherited.

Football will go on at Derby of course, but for me it’s a big blow when he goes. 

No I don’t think so, Chelsea have a manager who has walked out for the first time in a long while and they have a 2 window ban in place as well as selling their top player and have major goal scoring concerns - they are bored and want some excitement 

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

No I don’t think so, Chelsea have a manager who has walked out for the first time in a long while and they have a 2 window ban in place as well as selling their top player and have major goal scoring concerns - they are bored and want some excitement 

Yes that makes perfect sense, that a multi million pound business would employ someone because they are bored and want some excitement ?

35 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

This was one of the main reasons I was so quick to suggest Jokanovic.

I've said a few times this season that Lampard looks like he is attempting to play a style of football that he doesn't quite know how to get working. It's an attempt on something similar to McClaren: 4-3-3, attacking football, high press, keeping possession.

I personally think Jokanovic could take want Lampard was trying to do, and improve it. He's proven that he can get teams playing like that at this level.

It's also the main reason why I think turning to Hughton or Monk would be wrong. They would most likely want to change the squad again to play their own brand of football. That would be starting again, yet again.

Add to that list all the other suggestions that make me want throw up: Karanka, Pulis, Allardyce, Pardew, Moyes, Rowett...

Jokanovic isn't that great .  He rolled a lucky dice with Mitrovic.   Everyone like's to watch attacking football.  Everyone prefers an exciting 3-2 than an 1-0.   Quite frankly (no pun intended) we have little free cash and a defence that concede.  The attacking players we had in midfield have gone home.  As a club we are in serious danger of being rooted in this division for a long time to come .  I would quite happily sign eleven Vinnie jones if it got us out of this league and am quite happy to have a manager who will batten down and grind it out- boring as it may be- for  a year to this aim .   I loved Burleys team but it conceded to easily .   I wasn't keen on the Davies team but it got the job done . 

Archived