Derby County v Wigan Athletic

Bwash_Ram
Message added by Day

Just a bugbear of mine - why do we keep having an under 23 game the day before an actual first team game ( I know the Wigan game was re arranged) if it was the day after then all the under 23s could play if needed or not used by the first team 

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carson

Bogle    Keogh.    Tomori.     Malone

Hudds.    Bird.

Holmes

Wilson.                      Johnson

Marriott.

2 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Carson

Bogle    Keogh.    Tomori.     Malone

Hudds.    Bird.

Holmes

Wilson.                      Johnson

Marriott.

Any idea how we get the ball off Wigan ?

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

thats unlikely

we have taken to conceding within 30 seconds

We've done that all season. We used to give teams an early goal to make it fair before we absolutely battered them. The only difference now is that we dont do the second part.

13 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

We don't let them have it in the 1st place.

Apart from restarts.

It's Wigan FFS, not Man City.

Absolutely, if we approached games with your attitude we would be far better off this season.

Should win must win game. Although I think Wigan will be resilient and difficult to beat. Hopefully if we can get the first goal ,beliefe and momentum will allow us a comfortable win.Top two out of our realms now and difficult to believe we our good enough to compete for a top six spot but forever the optimis

4 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Have you had one of those trippy dreams recently?

No mate, it's time to stop being so timid.

Play Johnson as the left sided attacker we paid Norwich £6m for, at the very least we'll have another aerial option for a quick ball, get Holmes up and around Marriott at all times, Wilson roaming free, Bird shuttling and even Big Tom playing 15 yds further up the pitch, no need to screen the one man they'll leave up top, let defenders defend.

Let's get that defensive line up, press them in their half, with midfielders not just attackers, win the ball in their half and we don't have to mess around with it at the back.

Assert ourselves, let Bogle exploit the space Wilson will create, and batter them, that would be my mindset as manager.

If we start off with the attitude that we have to grind out a result by any means, we'll start playing a game that suits them, not us, and it'll be a long night.

4 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Play Johnson as the left sided attacker we paid Norwich £6m for, at the very least we'll have another aerial option for a quick ball, get Holmes up and around Marriott at all times, Wilson roaming free, Bird shuttling and even Big Tom playing 15 yds further up the pitch, no need to screen the one man they'll leave up top, let defenders defend.

Let's get that defensive line up, press them in their half, with midfielders not just attackers, win the ball in their half and we don't have to mess around with it at the back.

Assert ourselves, let Bogle exploit the space Wilson will create, and batter them, that would be my mindset as manager.

If we start off with the attitude that we have to grind out a result by any means, we'll start playing a game that suits them, not us, and it'll be a long night.

This, a million times this anywhere else is just not suited .

10 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I’m with you mate but I’m honestly not feeling it for tonight the body language recently has been awful.

Hope you’re right and that I’m a negative git.

Think he will go  positive tonight I hope

Team

Carson

Bogle            Keogh             Ambrose         Tomori

Huddlestone     Johnson

Wilson               Marriott                      Holmes

Waghorn                          

3 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Screenshot_20190305-134642_Chrome.jpg.cadaa81eb64534ddf9e565f3587ca22e.jpg

Just look at him. He looks like he hasn't slept for 8 weeks. Shell shocked, out of ideas, broken.

Broken.

I thought this back in January. Was comparing him to his opening press conference and he looked like he’d aged 5 years. Now he looks completely destroyed.

All else aside, I feel for the bloke. 

1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Despite recent weeks results I'm still optimistic for tonight..surely we can turn it around at home?

I help the boys along I've got my new home shirt on and I'll be there early to have a pint and pie first...it never fails to get us a win.

That's the spirit!

SSN for me this eve but I will root for a good result for everyone who's going ?

14 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Despite recent weeks results I'm still optimistic for tonight..surely we can turn it around at home?

I help the boys along I've got my new home shirt on and I'll be there early to have a pint and pie first...it never fails to get us a win.

Me too mate. It might be the pancakes talking but I’ve got a good feeling about tonight. A comfortable win to get our season back on track.

13 minutes ago, cosmic said:

I thought this back in January. Was comparing him to his opening press conference and he looked like he’d aged 5 years. Now he looks completely destroyed.

All else aside, I feel for the bloke. 

Give him a break!!

bit of pressure from Mel 

baby crying all night

christine wanting more attention....

lads doing alright.....we will win tonight 

Archived