Bwash_Ram
Message added by David

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

Brilliant

I remember that game in '85 though. 

We put cone's out on the toxic wasteland that was Pride Park back then, and used VAR to prove the winner was under the crossbar which didn't exist!

I didn’t even come on and post after the Villa game, such was my bad mood. I’m going to pretend the last few weeks have been a bad dream. 

Wigan are terrible especially away from home so we couldn’t have picked a better game to have. Let’s see a vibrant, brave, attacking display. At least that. If we still lose, fine. But entertain me ffs.

1 hour ago, reveldevil said:

No mate, it's time to stop being so timid.

Play Johnson as the left sided attacker we paid Norwich £6m for, at the very least we'll have another aerial option for a quick ball, get Holmes up and around Marriott at all times, Wilson roaming free, Bird shuttling and even Big Tom playing 15 yds further up the pitch, no need to screen the one man they'll leave up top, let defenders defend.

Let's get that defensive line up, press them in their half, with midfielders not just attackers, win the ball in their half and we don't have to mess around with it at the back.

Assert ourselves, let Bogle exploit the space Wilson will create, and batter them, that would be my mindset as manager.

If we start off with the attitude that we have to grind out a result by any means, we'll start playing a game that suits them, not us, and it'll be a long night.

Yer we did the Bradley Johnson up on the left .... and there’s a reason it lasted about 70 minutes of one game 

he offered nothing ... no pace, no trickery, no balls into the box 

he won a few big cross field balls .... heading them on into no mans land

3 years or whatever he’s been at this club and he’s as likely to get a new contract as we are to get a brexit deal... there’s a very good reason for that and people still think he’s the answer ... god we have hit rock bloody bottom haven’t we 

I love it how when players don’t play , through injury, suspension or being dropped during there absense people forget how bad they are and suddenly they become the answer lol

No offence bud but it just baffles me 

11 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Yer we did the Bradley Johnson up on the left .... and there’s a reason it lasted about 70 minutes of one game 

he offered nothing ... no pace, no trickery, no balls into the box 

he won a few big cross field balls .... heading them on into no mans land

3 years or whatever he’s been at this club and he’s as likely to get a new contract as we are to get a brexit deal... there’s a very good reason for that and people still think he’s the answer ... god we have hit rock bloody bottom haven’t we 

I love it how when players don’t play , through injury, suspension or being dropped during there absense people forget how bad they are and suddenly they become the answer lol

Played on the left of midfield, didn't he?

I'm not suggesting that, leave him wide left upfront, to occasionally help out the full back but nothing more.

A wrecking ball swinging in from the left to meet Wilson and Bogle's crosses, maximise the few things he's good at, and minimise the damage he can do with the build up play.

That's exactly how Norwich used him to such great effect we splashed the cash we did. 

I'm not saying he's the answer, but we could give it a whirl and extract some value from the deal at last.

Otherwise waggy and Marriott in a two.

4 - 2 - 2 - 2?

Carson

Bogle   Keogh   Tomori   Malone

Johnson    Hudds

Jozefzoon                           Wilson

Marriott   Waghorn

6 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Played on the left of midfield, didn't he?

I'm not suggesting that, leave him wide left upfront, to occasionally help out the full back but nothing more.

A wrecking ball swinging in from the left to meet Wilson and Bogle's crosses, maximise the few things he's good at, and minimise the damage he can do with the build up play.

That's exactly how Norwich used him to such great effect we splashed the cash we did. 

I'm not saying he's the answer, but we could give it a whirl and extract some value from the deal at last.

Otherwise waggy and Marriott in a two.

Cluck it... I’m not feeling it and I’m sure we did the Bradley out wide big cross field balls to him to knock down thing and it failed horribly but it’s not like anything else is working is it lol

Archived