Derby County v Wigan Athletic

Bwash_Ram
Message added by David

I'm loving the criticism of Johnson's poor passing after what the rest of the team have served up in the last month, including Huddlestone! 

The point is, he wouldn't be in to be the playmaker, but to offer physicality and energy, which may let the others start playing...... 

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Love Marriott, but my (controversial) opinion is we play better with Waghorn up there on his own

There’s no doubt about it. Marriott really isn’t suited to be a lone strike, the 443 needs Waghorn as the striker.

I'm not entirely sure about the team we will put out, because we simply don't have anyone other than Keogh and Tomori who you would guarantee a game. 

It's a massive, massive game though. A win here would at least show we're capable of winning at this level. A draw or loss and the atmosphere would be vitriolic. We are undoubtedly the worst team in the division at the moment, incapable of creating any goalscoring opportunities and having a shot on target. We go into the game as heavy favourites based on our league position, but we're currently playing some of the worst football seen at this club in decades. If we don't win then be sure that the boos will ring around the stadium.  

Based on the fact that sooner or later there has to be a reaction (surely?), I'm expecting (hoping?) there to be one Tuesday night. Who will play? I've no idea really. I hope that we show more 'steel', particularly in midfield. For this reason I think Johnson should play. I'm hoping we'll get back to creating chances!

Basically a lot of hoping!! COYR

18 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

Based on the fact that sooner or later there has to be a reaction (surely?), I'm expecting (hoping?) there to be one Tuesday night. Who will play? I've no idea really. I hope that we show more 'steel', particularly in midfield. For this reason I think Johnson should play. I'm hoping we'll get back to creating chances!

Basically a lot of hoping!! COYR

im going anyway....and maybe it will be our turning point where henceforth we charge into the automatics with impunity and a winning smile.

18 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

im going anyway....and maybe it will be our turning point where henceforth we charge into the automatics with impunity and a winning smile.

Would love that to be the case but let's try for some baby steps....

....something to arrest the slide- anything- will do as a starter....

We need a few players in the team who actually want the ball. Too many just want to knock it off to someone else asap. I'd like to see someone who can put a foot on the ball and only release it when they want to release it...... 

Oh yeah....

image.thumb.jpeg.4abcce00c80a14b31f33fc2616035666.jpeg

2 minutes ago, RamNut said:

We need a few players in the team who actually want the ball. Too many just want to knock it off to someone else asap. I'd like to see someone who can put a foot on the ball and only release it when they want to release it...... 

Oh yeah....

and there was that other geezer who seemed to like doing that too...

image.png.d0897496b6c8311113fb4bb94489eea0.png

5 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Oh yeah....

He doesn't play for us anymore

I hate it when we we play 4-3-3 with a holding Midfielder" it never works. Play 2 center midfielders behind a central attacking midfielder who can support the striker, lets focus on going forward our defnce is poor as it has been all season anyway.

Roos

Bogle         Keogh        Tomori       Malone

Bird              Johnno                                 

Holmes

Wilson                 Marriott               Waghorn            

Roos - Back in the side, Carson came back and conceded 4 Saturday, Roos was doing okay anyway.

Bogle - Need him back as Wisdom is poor.

Keogh and Tomori - To start again.

Malone - Back in over Cole, need to see if a rest has done him good.

Bird - Did well Saturday and is good on the ball.

Johnson - Did well at Forest and offers us cover in midfield while we attack. 

Holmes - Play him centrally behind the striker to link play.

Wilson - our top scorer needs to play, move him out of midfield and play him on the wing.

Marriott - Needs support which Holmes would give, If not working switch him and Waghorn.

Waghorn - Need him in the side for his strength and goal threat, Missed him Saturday.

Me and Hilda are sat here having a bit of crumpet and tea and Hilda nearly spat her snap out on't fire.... She can't believe it's £28.00 fer an Adult ticket against Wigan on a Tuesday neet. Surely this is a game they price should be lower especially after weekend . 

Archived