Derby County v Wigan Athletic

Bwash_Ram
Message added by David

Expect a stronger team and a bit of a better performance, something like 

Carson

Tomori Keogh Ambrose Cole

Holmes Huddlestone Johnson

Jozefzoon Waghorn Wilson

If we weren't so low on confidence it would be a solid home banker, even with that line up. 

Need to change something so the striker(s) don't become isolated.  In the absence of Lawrence maybe Wilson or even Johnson as a 10.

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Rample said:

Expect a stronger team and a bit of a better performance, something like 

Carson

Tomori Keogh Ambrose Cole

Holmes Huddlestone Johnson

Jozefzoon Waghorn Wilson

If we weren't so low on confidence it would be a solid home banker, even with that line up. 

Need to change something so the striker(s) don't become isolated.  In the absence of Lawrence maybe Wilson or even Johnson as a 10.

3BD87933-0E69-498D-9C99-82CE539F606A.jpeg

9 minutes ago, angieram said:

I know people dislike Johnson but at least he competes. Johnson or Waghorn getting into their box will put some physical pressure on their defenders.

There was absolutely none of that yesterday. 

Tbf as a centre mid next to Holmes he might not be a bad shout. Number 10 no tho?

29 minutes ago, angieram said:

I know people dislike Johnson but at least he competes. Johnson or Waghorn getting into their box will put some physical pressure on their defenders.

There was absolutely none of that yesterday. 

You don’t win anything in this division without some physicality in your team (especially midfield) to compliment the skill/flair. Frank needs to work this out, this isn’t the Prem!

Johnson is the only midfielder we have in the squad that can do this effectively.........just a shame he can’t pass very well. But I’d still include him despite his technical deficiencies, as he allows us to defend further up the park and win the 50/50’s and ariel battles we always lose!

Really couldnt imagine... (or summon the energy) to try and predict the team or formation. Absolutely impossible...just too many changes and too many players out of form, fitness and favour. 

Just pick 11....stick with them Frank. If players he would like in are unfit, then pick the best 'like for like' replacement for now rather than keep overhauling things.  For me...go solid, press high, get full backs far up tge pitch  and try to suffocate/dominate teams cos we have proved we cant play our way through or counter attack efficiently.  

Roos

Bogle Tomori Keogh Malone

Hudds Johnson 

Mount (or Holmes)

Waghorn Lawrence (or Wilson)

Marriott 

Let’s go retro and play 2-3-5, it worked back in the 1930s and that about the last time we had a shot on target.?

Carson

Bogle.                                                      Malone

Wisdom.                                  Keogh                                  Cole

Wilson        Mount             Waghorn           Marriott       Lawrence 

3 hours ago, Ramarena said:

You don’t win anything in this division without some physicality in your team (especially midfield) to compliment the skill/flair. Frank needs to work this out, this isn’t the Prem!

Johnson is the only midfielder we have in the squad that can do this effectively.........just a shame he can’t pass very well. But I’d still include him despite his technical deficiencies, as he allows us to defend further up the park and win the 50/50’s and ariel battles we always lose!

Whilst I agree with you about johnson playing my logical side says to me - if we are not keeping Johnson next season then let’s absolutely play ones that will be here or play ones to confirm that they won’t be here - and I am assuming Johnson will not be here next season based on his appearances this season

Missed the game yesterday. Haven’t seen us since Millwall at home, is there not some sense in playing Waghorn in the Chris Martin role and get our midfielders to run off him as he holds it up?

Worked in our last victory over Hull and we’ve just tried to fit Marriott in ever since....

Rest Marriott until we’re 2-0 up at half time...? ??

11 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Whilst I agree with you about johnson playing my logical side says to me - if we are not keeping Johnson next season then let’s absolutely play ones that will be here or play ones to confirm that they won’t be here - and I am assuming Johnson will not be here next season based on his appearances this season

We are paying his wages and so if we need him we should play him. Let's worry about next season at the end of this one. Something has to be done with the midfield as we haven't had one for the last couple of months....

Just now, Stripperg-ram said:

Missed the game yesterday. Haven’t seen us since Millwall at home, is there not some sense in playing Waghorn in the Chris Martin role and get our midfielders to run off him as he holds it up?

Worked in our last victory over Hull and we’ve just tried to fit Marriott in ever since....

Playing Waggers out wide is a waste of time, needs to play as the central striker if he plays....

5 minutes ago, Stripperg-ram said:

Love Marriott, but my (controversial) opinion is we play better with Waghorn up there on his own

48 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Fair point I’d assume he won’t either, and it’s possible Mount, Wilson and tomori and half the rest of the team won’t as they are out of contract, but I imagine some will still make the side.

I think we still need to field a competitive to help bring the youngsters through if the season peters out.

i think playing Johnson would be more symbolic ie: we know we need that type of player in there and we will try to recruit one in the summer

Far to many colleague posters are due a trip to the gulag for re education.

the 5 year plan will be fruitful, naysayers will be shot whilst trying to escape, it’s all a florist plot, pass me my happy pills 

we will win COYR 

Archived