Derby County v Wigan Athletic

Bwash_Ram
Message added by Day

Harry Wilson is fully fit after an illness last week limited him to a substitute appearance against Aston Villa.

David Nugent will also be available for selection after missing Saturday’s match. 

The game will come too soon for Mason Mount, Tom Lawrence and Craig Bryson. 

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2019/03/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-rams-clash-with-wigan-2

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Screenshot_20190305-134642_Chrome.jpg.cadaa81eb64534ddf9e565f3587ca22e.jpg

Just look at him. He looks like he hasn't slept for 8 weeks. Shell shocked, out of ideas, broken.

Broken.

Not as bad the day Paul Clement, who had been very dapper, showed up in a press conference looking like he'd been thrown out by his misses with all his clothes thrown on the lawn before sleeping in some bushes because he couldn't get a park bench.

but it's his first real rough patch as a manager.

8 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

but it's his first real rough patch as a manager.

He needs to chill his boots and get the players to chill their boots. I'd be punting balls up to Wilson and Marriott at every opportunity in the first 20 mins and tell them to shoot from anywhere. Have a bit of fun and try and get an early goal.

If it goes 20 mins goalless then the pressure will kick in again.

5 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

He needs to chill his boots and get the players to chill their boots. I'd be punting balls up to Wilson and Marriott at every opportunity in the first 20 mins and tell them to shoot from anywhere. Have a bit of fun and try and get an early goal.

If it goes 20 mins goalless then the pressure will kick in again.

thats unlikely

we have taken to conceding within 30 seconds

On 03/03/2019 at 00:14, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

My team would be:

Roos

Bogle Keogh Tomori Cole

Foon  Bird  huddlestone/ MM  Wilson

Marriott  Waghorn 

I think we should play a 442 becuase it gives Marriott some support, he has looked isolated recently and I think him next to Waghorn would cause problems for defences.  I would play Bird as I think he showed signs of potential today even though he wasn't great, and I think the 433 has been pretty hopeless recently.

A bit desperate bringing in Mel Morris isn't it? 

Sith Happens
50 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Screenshot_20190305-134642_Chrome.jpg.cadaa81eb64534ddf9e565f3587ca22e.jpg

Just look at him. He looks like he hasn't slept for 8 weeks. Shell shocked, out of ideas, broken.

Broken.

You sure hes not just trying to make sense of the bring back joe ledley thread? 

55 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

He’s probably been up all night reading this forum whilst looking after the baby.

Not surprised he looks traumatised.

I would hope everyone concerned with DCFC would have more sense that to read forums, or even the sports media come to that. The idea that we could be having an effect on team selection is frightening!

Just now, KCG said:

I would hope everyone concerned with DCFC would have more sense that to read forums, or even the sports media come to that. The idea that we could be having an effect on team selection is frightening!

We'll see if my innovation comes to fruition.

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Tomori

Bogle           Huddz.       Wilson.   Holmes

Waghorn.     Marriott.      Bennett

7 minutes ago, KCG said:

They read it mate,I can guarantee it.

21 hours ago, Underground Ram said:

Frank should get his team to look at upcoming games as positives. 4 home matches on the run against sides lower than us. We still have chance, I want 9 points from the next 12, we should still be looking for play offs! I know we’ve been crap the last few games but we are good enough to beat these teams.

however...

i am worried about us next season, we have so many positions to replace if all the loan players go back. It is an almighty rebuilding programme next year. As well as the loans we have Players who probably won’t be here next season Bryson, Johnson, Cole, Huddlestone, we’ve made poor signings in Malone, Jozefzoon, Evans. Players getting old Curtis, Keough, Carson. If there’s no money it’s going to be a tough season. We need to sign 2 x full backs, centre half, 2 midfielders, and a striker - that is some task. We need some shrewd signings and youngsters coming through. I still think (or hope) Franks the man but in all honesty the promise land is at least another 2 seasons away.

We can sign plenty of them on free transfers - we might not be able to pay the wages mind 

Archived