29 minutes ago, Archied said:

442 diamond    

Carson

bogle.      Tomori.          Richy the rock.     Cole

Hudds 

Holmes.                          Jono

Wilson

Wags.                  Marriott

Don’t do this to me Cole and Jono in the team I’m already depressed are you trying to push me over the edge?

Don't care what anyone else thinks, but I appreciated FL's honesty and attitude in the pre-match interview.  He doesn't shy away from the difficult questions, but remains very level-headed and calm (which is more than I can), as well as determined to get it right.  I really hope he & the team get the support they need from us all tomorrow and all the way to the end of the campaign.  They need our patience and support, not whinging and dispiriting moans & groans at the first misplaced pass.   

8 hours ago, Edtheram said:

I hate it when we we play 4-3-3 with a holding Midfielder" it never works. Play 2 center midfielders behind a central attacking midfielder who can support the striker, lets focus on going forward our defnce is poor as it has been all season anyway.

Roos

Bogle         Keogh        Tomori       Malone

Bird              Johnno                                 

Holmes

Wilson                 Marriott               Waghorn            

Roos - Back in the side, Carson came back and conceded 4 Saturday, Roos was doing okay anyway.

Bogle - Need him back as Wisdom is poor.

Keogh and Tomori - To start again.

Malone - Back in over Cole, need to see if a rest has done him good.

Bird - Did well Saturday and is good on the ball.

Johnson - Did well at Forest and offers us cover in midfield while we attack. 

Holmes - Play him centrally behind the striker to link play.

Wilson - our top scorer needs to play, move him out of midfield and play him on the wing.

Marriott - Needs support which Holmes would give, If not working switch him and Waghorn.

Waghorn - Need him in the side for his strength and goal threat, Missed him Saturday.

Agree with the exception that I'd have Jozefzoon with: either Waghorn OR Marriott.

7 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Why bring ambrose in? Our problem isn't the CBs it's midfield.

Because we put all the players names on pieces of paper and then choose the team at random from the magic selection hat.

We need to improve the midfield but im not sure how we can really do that with no Lawrence or Mount. Personally i would play johnson in a more advanced role. I very much doubt he will start, but who knows.

Frank should get his team to look at upcoming games as positives. 4 home matches on the run against sides lower than us. We still have chance, I want 9 points from the next 12, we should still be looking for play offs! I know we’ve been crap the last few games but we are good enough to beat these teams.

however...

i am worried about us next season, we have so many positions to replace if all the loan players go back. It is an almighty rebuilding programme next year. As well as the loans we have Players who probably won’t be here next season Bryson, Johnson, Cole, Huddlestone, we’ve made poor signings in Malone, Jozefzoon, Evans. Players getting old Curtis, Keough, Carson. If there’s no money it’s going to be a tough season. We need to sign 2 x full backs, centre half, 2 midfielders, and a striker - that is some task. We need some shrewd signings and youngsters coming through. I still think (or hope) Franks the man but in all honesty the promise land is at least another 2 seasons away.

Carson

Ambrose  Keogh   Tomori.  Cole

Huddlestone

Bird.                        Johnson

Waghorn.   Marriott.    Wilson

Subs

Roos

Bogle

Holmes

Nugent

Lawson

Malone

Ambrose played right back in the world cup for a very good Nigeria so well worth a shot in this game and  of course he is good in the the air in both boxes.

Wigan have an incredible away record, for all the wrong reasons. 

They've won one, drawn 3 and lost 12 on the road this season. The joint worst record in the league. The win came in their second away win of the season, so that's 14 games. 

I know it doesn't mean much at the minute as a sunday league side could probably give us a game, but shows that we won't be the only one looking low on confidence. It also highlights just how bad we need to play not to get the win. Interesting game. 

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Wigan have an incredible away record, for all the wrong reasons. 

They've won one, drawn 3 and lost 12 on the road this season. The joint worst record in the league. The win came in their second away win of the season, so that's 14 games. 

I know it doesn't mean much at the minute as a sunday league side could probably give us a game, but shows that we won't be the only one looking low on confidence. It also highlights just how bad we need to play not to get the win. Interesting game. 

I’m afraid such a statement has guaranteed we’ll get murdered, such is the Derby way. I’ll stay at home?

Archived