Derby County v Wigan Athletic

Bwash_Ram
Message added by Day

6 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

I hate it when we we play 4-3-3 with a holding Midfielder" it never works. Play 2 center midfielders behind a central attacking midfielder who can support the striker, lets focus on going forward our defnce is poor as it has been all season anyway.

Defensively we've had our off days (Villa twice and Leeds at home) but we have still conceded less than Norwich & WBA - our defence isn't the real problem. Our shortcomings are in midfield where we've been unable to effectively screen the back four and at the same time miserably failed to create chances for our strikers. Lack of movement, pace and mobility in the middle third of the pitch is the real issue and until these problems are resolved then I don't see things turning around any time soon.

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Idea. Play Mount, even if he's not fit. Just get him to stand in the centre circle, walking around. It might distract Wigan. They'll put two men on him, and he won't get the ball, and they'll think they've done a good job, but it'll be the most elaborate ploy in history.

24 minutes ago, Owd miner said:

Me and Hilda are sat here having a bit of crumpet and tea and Hilda nearly spat her snap out on't fire.... She can't believe it's £28.00 fer an Adult ticket against Wigan on a Tuesday neet. Surely this is a game they price should be lower especially after weekend . 

Kinell.....Thats a couple of pigeons 

Win or bust game for me. Frank needs to get a bit of backbone in the side and for me it means getting the spine of the team right.

Roos

Keogh, Tomori

Big Tom

Waggy

Add to them Bogle and Malone in a back 4

Plus Holmes and Bird in and around Tom

Wilson and Lawrence (if fit, if not Marriott) in a front 3.

Get at them early with our renown high energy pressing game and I predict an easy 3-0 home win.

What could possibly go wrong? ?

4-2-3-1 worked a treat at Villa....not.

Why are we getting even more defensive in our formation when we've had one shot on target in three games. What I think he should do (Not what I would do with players available)

Carson

Bogle           Keogh              Tomori          Malone

Huddlestone

Holmes               Wilson

Waghorn                                 Lawrence (I think he'll be back fit)

Marriott

442 diamond    

Carson

bogle.      Tomori.          Richy the rock.     Cole

Hudds 

Holmes.                          Jono

Wilson

Wags.                  Marriott

Archived