POTY

TomBustler1884

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, cosmic said:

Can’t look beyond captain Keogh. Aside from putting in consistently solid defensive performances, he’s had to nurture and support two young defenders either side of him. The fact he’s managed to do this and maintain his game to a “POTY standard” is a testament to his character and quality. He needs to take credit for a lot of Tomori’s improvments over the season.

Not to mention his attacking contributions - dictating our football philosophy, bringing the ball out from the back, running through the opponents midfield and actually playing a forward pass. The way our midfield has played this season he needs an award just for that!

Third season running that Keogh’s been our best midfielder. 

1 hour ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Keogh and Bogle. 

This.

In reality, Bogle is probably a close second for me, behind Tomori but I'd give it to him because he's our player and could be hugely boosted by the recognition for his emergence this season.

23 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

This.

In reality, Bogle is probably a close second for me, behind Tomori but I'd give it to him because he's our player and could be hugely boosted by the recognition for his emergence this season.

Surely you're only talking about young player of the year? Unless anything significant happens between now and the voting then POTY has to be Keogh.

Tomori for YPOTY. I don't think it would be the first time a loan player has won. 

26 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Surely you're only talking about young player of the year? Unless anything significant happens between now and the voting then POTY has to be Keogh.

Yes, I was quoting a post that said Keogh and Bogle.

Tomori for YPOTY. I don't think it would be the first time a loan player has won. 

Probably not but IMO Bogle isn't far behind and I think it would be better for the club to honour one of our own and boost his development into next season. It would be different and would smell a bit off if Tomori was miles ahead but (IMO) he isn't.

Keogh for the grown up award... with absolutely nobody in contention for "close second"!

A slight leaning towards Tomori for the Young ones, but for anyone who feels it's unfair to award a loanee*, then I'd happily shout out for Bogle.

*In all honesty, I think Tomori has been better (than Bogle), so maybe it would be unfair to the player(s) to ignore that fact... even if he is going back to his parent club?

Archived