POTY

TomBustler1884

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should Keogh win it - and he has my vote on this season so far - I think he would be the first player to win the Jack Stamps trophy three times.

Considering it started in the late 60's, before our glory days got properly under way, and considering the fantastic players we've seen over the last 50 years, that would be testament to his tremendous contributions to our club in his time here.

How many more performances do people need to be convinced? Or will the one or two shockers a year take priority over the 44 consistently class ones?

Our best player, again. Defensively streets ahead of any of the back 4, again. I'm not sure how much all that says about how the team are performing at the moment but I hope to god we can win something with him in the team. He's the most deserving player of success I've ever watched at this club. 

I'd go as far as saying he's the most valuable player at the club. Not because of his ability or skill. His fitness, his performance consistency and overall attitude towards playing for Derby County is the best and has been for years. 

On 21/02/2019 at 03:40, TomBustler1884 said:

If the season ended now, who are your POTY and YPOTY?

For me, Keogh gets POTY, he's been consistent, led the team and by far and away the best of the older heads.

And it's Tomori who gets YPOTY, again, his consistency has been good and his positioning and reliability is improving all the time.

The likes of Wilson, Marriott, mount, haven't been consistently impactful for me.

And while I'm pleased to see Keogh doing well again, surely it's about time for someone else to step up?

It was Mount at the end of Septemeber. Then Wilson at the end of the year. Now I totally agree, it's Keogh.

We have too many players who cannot maintain form, and he's just solid. He's also deceptively good on the ball.

I'm only half joking when I say he'd do better at CM then anybody else at the club. he's actually deceptively quick because he's such a long strider. Ok, well in comparison to TH he is.

I haven't been drinking, honest.

• 1 month later...

Archived