Derby County v Millwall

Mafiabob

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would like to see Frank try this at home so we can have 2 strikers up top 

Roos

Bogle     Keogh        Temori    Cole

Huddlestone

Wilson               Mount            Lawrence/King

Marriott         Waghorn

Bryson will start, I think, which will send this forum into an early meltdown due to many (not me) thinking he brings nothing to the team. Jozefzoon deserves to start IMO. Hopefully he'll continue where he left off on Saturday. He needs to be told to keep having a go at the last defender. I'm predicting a hard fought, big win. COYR!

Probably too early for Mount, but hopefully he is on the bench and we are in a position where we might give him 20 minutes near the end. Would like him to be in contention for a Forest.  Tonight’s midfield is difficult to call wouldn’t be surprised to see both Hudd and Bryson not selected.  I think King will play, and possibly Johnson.  Wilson or Holmes in midfield presuming Lawrence is fit to resume on the flank. Hopefully over the coming weeks we will be injury free, and Frank can evidence he knows his preferred team on a consistent basis.

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

Probably too early for Mount, but hopefully he is on the bench and we are in a position where we might give him 20 minutes near the end. Would like him to be in contention for a Forest.  Tonight’s midfield is difficult to call wouldn’t be surprised to see both Hudd and Bryson not selected.  I think King will play, and possibly Johnson.  Wilson or Holmes in midfield presuming Lawrence is fit to resume on the flank. Hopefully over the coming weeks we will be injury free, and Frank can evidence he knows his preferred team on a consistent basis.

Lampard said as much on Mount, as you say hopefully he’ll get 20 minutes tonight. 

That’s the problem we have at the minute, Marriott, King, Cole, Mount, Ambrose all needing minutes in their legs but we need them fully ready now with games running out.

Be nice to see what we can do again with a fully fit (minus the long term injured) squad at his disposal.

5 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

in midfield BBC says Evans is pushing for a start but they also say he came on as a sub at Brighton so what do they know?

53 minutes ago, angieram said:

in midfield BBC says Evans is pushing for a start but they also say he came on as a sub at Brighton so what do they know?

Perhaps he did come on Angie. There were a few players who were hiding from sight at times on Saturday.  It’s going to be different tonight. Please Lord make it different tonight.

6 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Perhaps he did come on Angie. There were a few players who were hiding from sight at times on Saturday.  It’s going to be different tonight. Please Lord make it different tonight.

I know its daft, I know I am a perennial dreamer, but every season you get a game where the bounce goes your way, the flicks and tricks come off, we stuff someone and go home full of bounce and joy. Tonight would be a nice evening for it … pretty please 

4 minutes ago, jono said:

I know its daft, I know I am a perennial dreamer, but every season you get a game where the bounce goes your way, the flicks and tricks come off, we stuff someone and go home full of bounce and joy. Tonight would be a nice evening for it … pretty please 

Have said that we haven't been having that just lately, so we are well overdue some luck. I hope you're right; this is the least positive I have felt all season (last week really took its toll!) 

Think we'll need Huddlestone for his height and heading ability as we know Millwall rely on set pieces a lot, and they have some big lads. 

King in for Bryson, alongside Wilson.

Holmes and Waghorn either side, 

Marriott up top. 

Should be enough there to score a couple.

Archived