Derby County v Millwall

Mafiabob

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, David said:

About time you took responsibility of the match threads.

If we play our cards right this is a winnable game, I would take a gamble on Mount if back in training, we’ve missed him recently.

I bet Nugent doesn't start this one which will please a few.

Huddlestone probably will, has the ability to punt one into the path of Marriott out of nowhere. 

Subtle. Nice.

So 15 games to go 8 at home, 7 away. Millwall have a terrible record on the road, collecting just 7 pts so far. Should a breeze but we all know that’s not how this league works. Wednesday needs to be the start of the run in, no more tinkering, just a settled side until the end of the season barring suspensions and injuries. The pundits keep talking about our identity which for me has been lost for months! 

Come on Frank let’s get it back for the “business end” of the season you keep telling us about. 

Im looking forward to seeing how Lawrence can perform with Cole behind him. I do like Malone but his positioning is awful which I do think hinders Lawrence. No coincedence Holmes had his worst game in a derby shirt today playing in front of Malone, he didnt have a clue what positio he was meant to be in.

Maybe not on Weds but for me I would go with the below team as often as possible - 

Roos - Bogle Keogh Tomori Cole - Wilson King Mount - Waghorn Marriott Lawrence

37 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Im looking forward to seeing how Lawrence can perform with Cole behind him. I do like Malone but his positioning is awful which I do think hinders Lawrence. No coincedence Holmes had his worst game in a derby shirt today playing in front of Malone, he didnt have a clue what positio he was meant to be in.

Maybe not on Weds but for me I would go with the below team as often as possible - 

Roos - Bogle Keogh Tomori Cole - Wilson King Mount - Waghorn Marriott Lawrence

Think that central midfield 3 is too lightweight and we would be overrun....Huddlestone didn't have a great game today but he generally gives us some control and I think needs to play...

6 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

Let's hope we can get our best 11 on the pitch from the off against Millwall and they can get a long run of games together. No more rotating just for the sake of it ... we need to get a run of wins put together and constantly chopping and changing isn't going to help that. The odd few players here and there might not be fully match fit, but we just can't keep up with this constant rotation, it's costing us points. For the likes of Mount and Marriott, start them and sub them off after 60-70 minutes or however long they can manage

I'd go with:

Roos

Bogle - Keogh - Tomori - Cole

Mount - Huddlestone - King

Waghorn - Marriott - Wilson

Interesting to see what he does, not seen him throw a recently returned injured player straight into a starting 11

Don’t think Lampard will change but I think we need to try and play 2 up front. Unless we are on our game we struggle to retain the ball in the opposition half as we are not a physical side. With two players up front we should be able to get further up the pitch by shear weight of numbers and giving the opposition something to worry about rather than relying on accurate balls up to a single striker. 

Roos

Bogle      Tomori      Keogh      Cole

Wilson     King     Huddlestone  Holmes 

Waghorn     Marriott 

Think he’ll go with;

Roos

Bogle     Tomori      Keogh     Cole    

Bryson    Huddlestone   King

Waghorn  Marriott   Jozefzoon 

I know Frank trusts in his 4-3-3 which is great and long term could be the answer but at the moment it seems a bit stale . Now each time I've watched us and we've changed to 4-2-4 / 4-4-2 however you want to describe we've looked dangerous . This could be the ingredient we really need to get a good win and kick start our season again. 

Roos - keep him in , he's earned the shirt regardless , pleased for him 

Wisdom - Not a Bogle diss by any stretch , but let's nurture him , he's looked a tad jaded and sloppy for the past two games. Let's actually give him a little rest. Plus tactically I think in a more attacking formation wisdom might offer more defensively

Keogh - Fantastic and my MOTM against Brighton.

Tomori - love the guy and learning rapidly

Cole - Got the goal , looked fit as a butchers dog , think he will make that spot his 

King - used to playing in a central pairing for Leicester

Johnson - bit of bite next to King , plus played ok at Ipswich

Wilson - prefer him out wide

Josefzoon - seemed to suit him better playing as a conventional winger instead of wide forward.

Marriott - missed his goals getting him working with Waggy

Waghorn - would compliment Jack very well

Roos

Wisdom.    Keogh.      Tomori.    Cole 

King.           Johnson 

Josefzoon                                     Wilson 

Marriott.         Waghorn

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Think that central midfield 3 is too lightweight and we would be overrun....Huddlestone didn't have a great game today but he generally gives us some control and I think needs to play...

Huddlestone only suits certain games, Hull was ideal but Ipswich wasnt. Millwall im not so sure, i can see them pressing him high

As for today, i dont think ive ever seen him out of position so much as he wss 1st half. Not sure if the tactics were for him to press so high but he got caught out so many times compared to Stephens for them who sat in front of their centre backs & protected them all game.

10 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

Roos

Bogle - Keogh - Tomori - Cole

Mount - Huddlestone - King

Waghorn - Marriott - Wilson

I like that team but I don't think you can go into a match with four players (Cole, Mount, King, Marriott) unlikely to last the game before other possible injuries. But how do people get match fit without playing matches? Also, it was clearly a mistake to play two midfielders at Ipswich who didn't have games under their belt.

So I would have Cole and Mount on the bench and go:

Roos

Bogle     Keogh     Tomori     Malone

Huddlestone

Wilson           King

Josefzoon     Marriott    Waghorn

Subs Ravas (Carson if able to play), Cole, Evans, Holmes, Mount, Nugent, Bennett (Lawrence if able to play)

8 hours ago, nottingram said:

It’s about time we put a proper run together. Have we even won 3 in a row at any point this season?

Even a four win streak probably puts us right in the mix for autos. Incredibly frustrating that we never seem to be able to do it.

Just the once, Ipswich, Preston and Hull early in the season

Archived