Kelle Roos

bucktwo

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks like he's emerging from being being young cover to "proper" keeper.

his shirt to lose at the minute. Next season? I think next season he makes himself number 1 either with us or for someone else ( I mean, if he's going to be seen as cover here, he probably needs for the sake of himself to be number one somewhere)

12 hours ago, Adslegend said:

If he gets dropped once Carson is for then surely he's going to be thinking what more he has to do to keep his place? 

His place to lose IMO. 

Thought that myself, other than one cross he punched and I wondered at the time whether he could catch it, he was absolutely fine for me.

Definitely his place to lose or where is the incentive.

On 02/02/2019 at 13:00, Zag zig said:

Thought that myself, other than one cross he punched and I wondered at the time whether he could catch it, he was absolutely fine for me. 

It just goes to show how fate works. Carson made a similar decision and it led to a goal and much criticism, from me included. 

3 minutes ago, NC--RAM said:

Don't know whether this has already been discussed, but surely the club should be looking to extend this guys contract.I for one am very confident with him in goal.

I agree he's been solid, but a lot of credit for that must go to the back 4. All played well again today. Not disagreeing with your sentiment, but he didn't have much to do today, to be fair. 

31 minutes ago, RedSox said:

I agree he's been solid, but a lot of credit for that must go to the back 4. All played well again today. Not disagreeing with your sentiment, but he didn't have much to do today, to be fair. 

It must help you as a defender knowing your keeper will come for crosses.

1 hour ago, NC--RAM said:

Don't know whether this has already been discussed, but surely the club should be looking to extend this guys contract.I for one am very confident with him in goal.

As I recall, he signed a one year deal last Summer. I very much suspect we have an option on it for another year which is why the club are pretty relaxed. 

39 minutes ago, rammieib said:

It must help you as a defender knowing your keeper will come for crosses.

Thought Kelle did well today and looks like he is growing in confidence. Looks calm, good on crosses Keogh in particular looks a lot happier with a keeper who is prepared to come and catch a cross

1 hour ago, NC--RAM said:

He deserves it, was talking to a mate at half time and purely guessing we reckon if they stay in this league, he’ll likely get a new contract and possibly the chance to stay ahead of Carson as No1 keeper. 

We just wondered if we do make it to Prem, would we go for a serious upgrade (International standard, think similar to Poom), have Carson as an able deputy but ultimately let Roos go; which would seem incredibly harsh.

Between now and the end of season, the shirt is still his to lose and keep improving, impressing to stake the claim on a new contract whatever scenario.

On 01/02/2019 at 17:24, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

We would have  lost that game with Carson in goal, Roos was MOTM for me, his reactions are better and his kicking is miles better.

Interesting.

I watched the game on RamsTV and about halfway through the second half they pointed out he really hadn't had a shot to save because Hull kept missing the target.

Having said that Edworthy did say he liked the way he commanded his box. I presumed he meant the 18-yard box but as the camera zoomed in he was adjusting his crotch very skillfully it has to be said. 

I'll reserve judgment for at least another season because keepers are notoriously fickle.

I'm hoping he's great, but I haven't seen anything to say that either is or not the case....yet. 

22 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Interesting.

I watched the game on RamsTV and about halfway through the second half they pointed out he really hadn't had a shot to save because Hull kept missing the target.

Having said that Edworthy did say he liked the way he commanded his box. I presumed he meant the 18-yard box but as the camera zoomed in he was adjusting his crotch very skillfully it has to be said. 

I'll reserve judgment for at least another season because keepers are notoriously fickle.

I'm hoping he's great, but I haven't seen anything to say that either is or not the case....yet. 

The quote you put up was for last weeks match against Preston.

Archived