Kelle Roos

bucktwo

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Top save from Roos. He didn’t have a lot to do all game but he maintained his concentration levels and you could see he was buzzing afterwards, hopefully a big confidence boost for him.

So very pleased for him that he's finally got a chance. Three games in a row! Great to have a clean sheet. Carson is immense but it'll do Kelle the world of good to have played these matches, and at least have a 5th round tie to look forward to. 

3 hours ago, Ramarena said:

Top save from Roos. He didn’t have a lot to do all game but he maintained his concentration levels and you could see he was buzzing afterwards, hopefully a big confidence boost for him.

Yes it was a really good save considering he was unsighted. Looking a good long term replacement for Carson.

For what it is worth. Roos is most definitely out playing Carson at the moment.  Carson is going through a pretty poor patch by his standards.  

As for the Martin love in, for God's sake stop living in the past. 3 years since he played, 4 since he played any decent football for Derby.

Don't get me wrong I loved him for what he did. But he ain't doing it any more and doesn't fit the style.

I am not saying stop wearing your flares @RoyMac5 but please at least try some modern clothes. 

14 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

For what it is worth. Roos is most definitely out playing Carson at the moment.  Carson is going through a pretty poor patch by his standards.  

As for the Martin love in, for God's sake stop living in the past. 3 years since he played, 4 since he played any decent football for Derby.

Don't get me wrong I loved him for what he did. But he ain't doing it any more and doesn't fit the style.

I am not saying stop wearing your flares @RoyMac5 but please at least try some modern clothes. 

Chris martin would have said that better.

35 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Except for the 23 games last season...

Kelle Roos is nowhere near as good as Carson. 

Carson has had a run of games in which he has underperformed but his skills are far superior.

I was hugely alarmed when Roos made two dives yesterday about a second after the ball passed the goal. He is out of his depth.

I congratulate him on the save from the free kick but we will need better if we are to make a promotion push.

19 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Carson has had a run of games in which he has underperformed but his skills are far superior.

I was hugely alarmed when Roos made two dives yesterday about a second after the ball passed the goal. He is out of his depth.

I congratulate him on the save from the free kick but we will need better if we are to make a promotion push.

Agree with this 100%. 

Roos has done OK but Carson straight back in please when he’s fit. 

The rest will be doing Carson the world of good. Just like it will Bogle. 

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

They were the sort of doves you make when you know it’s going wide, but you dive for the sake of it anyway. 

Let’s judge him on the saves he does make, and the goals he’s conceded. So far, so good in my opinion. 

There’s been some outstanding posts on this thread. We’re so used to having an established number 1 at Derby that we’ve forgotten how to debate about goalkeepers.

Roos has been praised for:

- Making a save in a game that Carson couldn’t if he there in the same situation because he lives in slow motion.

He has been criticised for:

- The way in which he (didn’t) make a save on a shot that wasn’t going in.

Can’t wait to see what’s next.  

I saw those two weird ‘late’ dives as Roos warming himself up and releasing a bit of tension. He’d not been given a lot to do, so took it as opportunity to sharpen his reactions and get into the game a bit.

Regardless, he was ready to make that cracking low save when he was called upon in the last few minutes.

7 hours ago, mozza said:

You make a fake dive and the ball takes a deflection into the opposite corner you look a bit silly. 

That might be a bit tricky though, as the 'fake' dives were made after the ball had gone wide (as another poster kindly pointed out)

Archived