Kelle Roos

bucktwo

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will be a win win situation for everyone if Kelle can get a run in the team. It will do his confidence a world of good and may also give SC a bit of incentive to up his game. Maybe Carsons has got a bit too complacent of his place. Gotta be good for the team to have two goalkeepers pushing each other for that No.1 spot.

Roos has all the attributes and I think it's only his confidence that'll stop him becoming a decent keeper. His loans spells have gone either one way or the other if you compare the one he had at Wimbledon to Rotherham. His kicking during the last home game I must say was absolutely superb, with his size you'd expect him to grow in confidence in commanding his box. His shot stopping seems pretty good without producing anything spectacular so far. 

Roos' biggest plus point is that the Rooooossssss chant automatically makes him a bit of a fans favourite, you'd hope that with every save and every chant that'd he get more and more confident. 

But like some people have said it important to remember that Carson is no mug, he's certainly been the most consistent keeper since Poom. It's refreshing to have competition and Roos has been extremely patient, he'll keeps his spot while he's in good form. Long may it continue. 

12 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Eh? Has he? I've not noticed that

Plus he's injured not dropped.

His distribution has been awful and he’s made too many mistakes. Lost us more points than he’s won imo, tho naturally not all his fault with what’s in front of him. Love Scott and he’s been a great keeper, and I’m not saying Roos is the answer, but we can’t carry on gifting the opposition possesion from every goal kick (and throw in, for that matter)

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Carson wouldn’t have saved that free kick in my view. What a save by Roos. That’s what Roos brings over CArson, he’s a lot more agile whereas it would have taken Carson longer to dive.

Utter nonsense - you're so anti-Carson that you even give him stick for something non-existent. Carson has stopped lots of shots in similar situations imo.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Utter nonsense - you're so anti-Carson that you even give him stick for something non-existent. Carson has stopped lots of shots in similar situations imo.

When have I been anti Carson before? I’m simply identifying a weakness in his game, or do you want me to lie and say Carson is the best goalkeeper ever? Carson has made saves like that from further distances. When in positions like that to what Roos faced though he is too slow to dive. Roos is far more agile. Carson and Roos bring different things. In a team that sits back like under Rowett, I’d prefer CArson but in a passing team I prefer goalkeepers in the mould of Lee Grant or Roos.

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Martin would have skied that free kick ?

Archived