Kelle Roos

bucktwo

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roos has played 4 games and in all 4 games we haven't lost. Carson HAS been a good servant for us, but this season he has looked slow and average. The goals at stoke were shocking to concede, both Leeds goals and Sheffield United's first to only name a few. Roos has come in and done nothing to lose his place, It would be like dropping Waghorn all over again. Im more confident in Roos than i am Carson. 

22 hours ago, cosmic said:

I saw those two weird ‘late’ dives as Roos warming himself up and releasing a bit of tension. He’d not been given a lot to do, so took it as opportunity to sharpen his reactions and get into the game a bit.

Regardless, he was ready to make that cracking low save when he was called upon in the last few minutes.

He knew it was daft too, he's made jokes about it on twitter since.

22 hours ago, cosmic said:

I saw those two weird ‘late’ dives as Roos warming himself up and releasing a bit of tension. He’d not been given a lot to do, so took it as opportunity to sharpen his reactions and get into the game a bit.

Regardless, he was ready to make that cracking low save when he was called upon in the last few minutes.

Think that's right. I knew a lad when I was a teenager who used to do it all the time during quiet games. Complained that he found himself flat-footed late in games where he hadn't had to move throughout.

Definitely seems reasonable that's what Roos was doing it for, as he hasn't really done any fake dives in his other games this season. He likes to "cover" shots going wide with a bit of flair but that's not quite the same ? 

I do still think Scotty Carson is our best keeper and No1. However Roos has done no wrong in the 4 games he's played. In particular the Southampton away game he was excellent. Not just shot stopping but catching and holding the ball to alleviate pressure. 

As a defender it is so welcoming to see your keeper claim the ball and hold it when you need to take a break and set yourself up again.

I agree with the comments above however in terms of Carson being a better keeper but we are on a good run with Roos in at the moment and I say keep the run going. 

I hope he can earn himself a contract. 

Why are people saying Carson is going through a bad patch?

Roos has conceded 3 goals in the last 3 games (6 if you include penalties)

Whereas Carson has conceded 0 in the last 3 games.

My theory is not flawed in the slightest and it means absolutely nothing that Roos conceded 0 in the previous 30 odd games.

Unpopular opinion but no keeper is ever truly outstanding on their own (perhaps with exception to the legends like Shilton and Banks). They tend to get better with a run in the team and getting use to the style of play of the players in front of them. 

When Carson first signed he looked completely past his best, neither him or Grant could make the shirt theirs. Solid run in the team and he's become one of our better keepers of recent times. Roos will improve, it's whether we can afford him the time to do so. 

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 07:27, Anag Ram said:

Kelle Roos is nowhere near as good as Carson. 

Carson has had a run of games in which he has underperformed but his skills are far superior.

I was hugely alarmed when Roos made two dives yesterday about a second after the ball passed the goal. He is out of his depth.

I congratulate him on the save from the free kick but we will need better if we are to make a promotion push.

Why would you be "hugely concerned" he dived, keepers are taught to dive for everything and leave nothing to chance it doesn't always look brilliant when one blazes over or wide but Carson does it also.  I've been pleasantly surprised by Roos he's so tall but whenever he plays he gets down so quick. At the moment he's showing he has shot stopping abilities of Carson and better distribution for our way of playing, Carson's distribution is good but he's better at hitting the forwards not playing at the back. I haven't seen enough to work out if he's any good at commanding his area though. so far he's showing really good form and if he's able to displace Carson that's only a good thing. 

1 hour ago, DcfcJB said:

Why would you be "hugely concerned" he dived, keepers are taught to dive for everything and leave nothing to chance it doesn't always look brilliant when one blazes over or wide but Carson does it also.  I've been pleasantly surprised by Roos he's so tall but whenever he plays he gets down so quick. At the moment he's showing he has shot stopping abilities of Carson and better distribution for our way of playing, Carson's distribution is good but he's better at hitting the forwards not playing at the back. I haven't seen enough to work out if he's any good at commanding his area though. so far he's showing really good form and if he's able to displace Carson that's only a good thing. 

The reason I was concerned was the timing of the dive.

He dived after the ball hit the advertising hoarding behind the goal.

If that practice run prepared him for his late save then fair enough.

We will just have to wait and see.

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Thought it was a ploy to waste time. 

Since he has come in he hasn't really done anything seriously wrong (other than rushing out goal against Reading to clear the ball).

He's not flash, just does everything tidily.

We now have an able number 2 who has experienced Championship football and seems to be able to cope. No need to waste money looking for a Carson back-up as we have one.

15 hours ago, Rab a dab doo said:

Since he has come in he hasn't really done anything seriously wrong (other than rushing out goal against Reading to clear the ball).

What did he do wrong here? What problem did it cause us?

We was exposed on the right hand side and in the end he put in a good tackle.

On 28/01/2019 at 10:27, RamLad1884 said:

Unpopular opinion but no keeper is ever truly outstanding on their own (perhaps with exception to the legends like Shilton and Banks). They tend to get better with a run in the team and getting use to the style of play of the players in front of them. 

When Carson first signed he looked completely past his best, neither him or Grant could make the shirt theirs. Solid run in the team and he's become one of our better keepers of recent times. Roos will improve, it's whether we can afford him the time to do so. 

I think you'll find that Colin Boulton was truly outstanding for two league championship wins.

Peter Schmeichel was worth at least 6 points a season to Man United and was a major factor in  their period of dominance.

I agree and disagree - as there are many facets to a keeper's game.

When it comes to being a shot-stopper, penalty-saver, cross-taker, ball distributer - then these are things keepers can be outstanding at without any outside influence from the rest of the team

You're talking about the understanding, the talking/shouting, the organisation of the defence in front of him, the confidence between himself and those defenders in front of him. Yes - that is all a two way street

So if you're saying that a truly complete goalkeeper won't ever occur until he has all those things then yes.

Sadly - the role of a goalie means he only tends to get noticed for the world class saves he tips around the post and the weak shots he somehow manages to let slide through his gloves - and those are all individual actions

On ‎28‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 13:08, Anag Ram said:

Did it on two occasions - there was one before this, looked odd as he dived so late I thought it was for the cameras! 

Archived