Southampton vs Derby FA Cup 3rd Round Replay match thread

RadioactiveWaste

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be nice to think we have a team coach on the lines of the Sky cycling team - the envy of the rest of the cycling world. You can be sure it's fitted with ice baths, physio's equipment, beds and the like.

Not to mention blacked-out windows, and coathangers to more easily facilitate blood transfusions.

3 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

But he didn't "make a decision based on information provided by the VARs"... It appeared he had those decisions made for him!

How the feck can a ref make a decision without seeing the replay(s) on a screen, for himself?  This is a crap way of doing things, imo.  I just presumed it was gonna be the same as in the WC, when the ref tootles off to take a look himself.

You are right! I thought VAR was going to be a good thing and to be honest, after last night, I don't think so anymore! It should be the refs choice whether its right or wrong! Much more exciting!

1 hour ago, Phoenix said:

It would be nice to think we have a team coach on the lines of the Sky cycling team - the envy of the rest of the cycling world. You can be sure it's fitted with ice baths, physio's equipment, beds and the like.

Not to mention blacked-out windows, and coathangers to more easily facilitate blood transfusions.

I know a bloke who's a sleep coach, and once worked for Team Sky.

They fitted out a coach with made to measure beds for all the riders, and the organisers of the TDF banned them from using it, saying it was against the spirit of the competition not to use local hotels as accommodation!

13 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I know a bloke who's a sleep coach, and once worked for Team Sky.

They fitted out a coach with made to measure beds for all the riders, and the organisers of the TDF banned them from using it, saying it was against the spirit of the competition not to use local hotels as accommodation!

The TDF organisers hate sky though (they're pretty much the Leeds of cycling)

1 minute ago, CHCDerby said:

I’m not sure how the ticket office will sell the Accrington tickets but they should be giving first dabs to those who made the trip last night. 

doesnt matter how many games you’ve been to in the past, those people should have first priority without doubt. 

The last away game my dad missed was Brighton away in 2015. He had a 5-day holiday booked during this week presuming there would not be a game, so he didn’t go.

Does that mean he should be pushed below somebody in the queue who may be going to their first away game in years?

1 hour ago, Topram said:

What an idiot you are ?

Went to hide this post then I realised you was quoting yourself. Almost took as long as VAR for that review to take place, at least it the correct call was made in the end though ?

4 minutes ago, David said:

Went to hide this post then I realised you was quoting yourself. Almost took as long as VAR for that review to take place, at least it the correct call was made in the end though ?

The difference of what you see at a game and through highlights is mad! My mistake I’ll take it on the chin ?

Great result and ultimate performance. The start didn't bode well though. For the first 20 mins it was the same old Derby we have been watching for several years now; you to me, me to you across the back line. Bogle was especially frustrating during this period, because instead of passing forward, he would suddenly stop, stand still, then turn back inside and either pass back or sideways.

However, for some bizarre reason someone decided to pass to Waghorn and the ball zoomed around our midfield and attacking players, and we nearly scored. From then on we controlled the first half. Frank needs to play the first half back to the team if we ever return to that very annoying me to you nonsense across the backline.

3 hours ago, Kernow said:

The last away game my dad missed was Brighton away in 2015. He had a 5-day holiday booked during this week presuming there would not be a game, so he didn’t go.

Does that mean he should be pushed below somebody in the queue who may be going to their first away game in years?

Yes - you can't win them all.

Plus your dad should expect every eventuality and not booked a holiday on a possible replay date. Where the hell is his commitment? 

Archived