Southampton vs Derby FA Cup 3rd Round Replay match thread

RadioactiveWaste

4 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I made the trip last night

I do believe it could have black and white on fa cup this season.

Cant see Newcastle winning it.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

OK, VAR amounts to different rules, as opposed to different venue/date. It's the same as not being allowed to field players who weren't eligible to play the original tie.

I can guarantee that if there was no VAR and we'd been denied a goal that VAR would have showed to be legal, we'd have been screaming about how ridiculous it is that the system was available but they didn't allow its use.

On 13/01/2019 at 15:15, HantsRam said:

The ground is in a bit of an old industrial area just over the Northam Bridge from the City Centre. From chilworth you'll head south straight down basset avenue (The a33) into the City. You can just park up in any city centr car park (it won't cost much after 6pm) and it's a 15-20 walk out over the Northam Bridge to the ground (east of the city centre and across the river itchen)

I believe that the ground has brown road signs to it although there isnt much open space around the ground itself. Think you may well find some of the local firms in the industrial estate may offer their car park spaces. Beware the roads are quite narrow and Southampton has tons of traffic lights to trap the unwary. 

Shouldn't be a problem for you mate ?

Hey HantsRam, thanks for the advice, just got back from a trip down south all week.

Straight run from Chilworth, just traffic coming in was a pain, so was rushing and didn’t find Oxford St one you suggested further down thread. Plenty of car parks in the city as you said though, ended up in one with the big crane with red lights at top in next street, which made finding the car park easy on way back.

Got to hotel in time for last orders, so good night all round

1 hour ago, Zag zig said:

Hey HantsRam, thanks for the advice, just got back from a trip down south all week.

Straight run from Chilworth, just traffic coming in was a pain, so was rushing and didn’t find Oxford St one you suggested further down thread. Plenty of car parks in the city as you said though, ended up in one with the big crane with red lights at top in next street, which made finding the car park easy on way back.

Got to hotel in time for last orders, so good night all round

Good work mate. And we got a result which meant i was able to be superior with the carrot crunchers at work. ?

4 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Good work mate. And we got a result which meant i was able to be superior with the carrot crunchers at work. ?

Speaking about opposition fans, funny thing about the forest fan for me, I was so close to getting a Brighton fan I’d been visiting to come with me in the away end but they didn’t have any spare rooms at Chilworth Manor Best Western last night. I’d managed to book in as soon as the date was announced. Doubt he’d have worn his shirt though like that muppet.

2 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Speaking about opposition fans, funny thing about the forest fan for me, I was so close to getting a Brighton fan I’d been visiting to come with me in the away end but they didn’t have any spare rooms at Chilworth Manor Best Western last night. I’d managed to book in as soon as the date was announced. Doubt he’d have worn his shirt though like that muppet.

Like the Brighton fans. Stood with a load at the train station in Brighton back in 2014 and they were knowledgeable folk - even asked whether Jake was the same Jake they had seen a couple of years previously with Mansfield. Good bants. 

22 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

We was below you to your right and when the final penalty went in the Saints fans tried to get to us, no idea why must have been the goading pmsl on a serious note a female steward was punched which is seriously not called for hope he’s charged and gets what he deserved.

13 minutes ago, Jon Saunders said:

We was below you to your right and when the final penalty went in the Saints fans tried to get to us, no idea why must have been the goading pmsl on a serious note a female steward was punched which is seriously not called for hope he’s charged and gets what he deserved.

Was that the blonde lady who was checking all our tickets on gate M? She was very polite and cheerful.

Whoever, if they can catch the idiot then I hope punishment is severe.

This lads vlog is great. It had it all, Derby comeback, rubbish var, comedy forest fan and penalties. For me the highlight was the passion shown by the lady rams fan at 12.05 in top right of screen. Suddenly realises she is a girlie and does a subtle "hair preen". Respect!

Archived