'suspicious' man outside Derby County's training ground

minesahartington

1 minute ago, Cjay said:

As i said, small point, just wish people would atleast get there facts straight in the media. 

The straight facts are that your manager admits to spying on 23 clubs to gain an advantage. Stop quibbling over minor details and skipping over that larger, much more important fact.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, David said:

That Chris Powell story is great ?

I’m sure Leeds fans will scoff and mumble something something genius but, it’s pretty funny to see other managers call it basic stuff. 

No manager is going to come out and say "yep i dont do that"  are they to be fair.

Fact remains managers like Pep and Conte have traveled thousands of miles to watch the sort of thing we saw yesterday. 

Is analysis revolutionary anymore, no, but Bielsa is famous for his attention to detail and the way he sees the game, Pep described him as "the man who knows the most about football" after there first meeting. 

Was anyone really expecting a host of managers to come out and say "Wow thats amazing, wish we all did that". They were all going to claim they did, most will to a degree, but very very few will do it to that degree, especially outside of the top 4 or 5 imo. 

If the stuff Bielsa did was so common then world class managers wouldnt travel half way across the world to watch his stuff imo. 

Bielsa and his analysis and the way he does things influence the best managers in the world right now, thats not a secret or a hyperbole, its a fact. 

I think he is great ?

12 minutes ago, Andicis said:

The straight facts are that your manager admits to spying on 23 clubs to gain an advantage. Stop quibbling over minor details and skipping over that larger, much more important fact.

Least he was honest, didnt have to be. 

5 minutes ago, Cjay said:

No manager is going to come out and say "yep i dont do that"  are they to be fair.

Fact remains managers like Pep and Conte have traveled thousands of miles to watch the sort of thing we saw yesterday. 

Is analysis revolutionary anymore, no, but Bielsa is famous for his attention to detail and the way he sees the game, Pep described him as "the man who knows the most about football" after there first meeting. 

Was anyone really expecting a host of managers to come out and say "Wow thats amazing, wish we all did that". They were all going to claim they did, most will to a degree, but very very few will do it to that degree, especially outside of the top 4 or 5 imo. 

If the stuff Bielsa did was so common then world class managers wouldnt travel half way across the world to watch his stuff imo. 

Bielsa and his analysis and the way he does things influence the best managers in the world right now, thats not a secret or a hyperbole, its a fact. 

I think he is great ?

I'm sure Bielsa is great, but this is the first thing to irritate me from all of this nonsense.

You don't know how much prep every other manager does. Therefore you don't know how much less, or more, work any individual manager puts in than Bielsa.

Bielsa being "famous" for his attention to detail simply means that he talks about, which he does. I've seen tons of interviews with players of tons of clubs, talking about their manager, who acclaim their boss's "attention to detail".

Also, every club also has groups of staff who spend their whole days in a room watching games of the opposition, collating detailed reports etc. 

I'm not saying Bielsa definitely doesn't put in more work than anyone else, cos (amazingly) I don't ducking know - but the idea that that (really basic) presentation is proof that no-one else puts in the same amount of work is objectively absurd.

Didn't rowett mention how much time he spends analysing, didn't Clement hire a whole team of analysts? I remember Billy Davies interviews about his attention to detail and video editing suite.

El Diko might have something as a manager (he's currently making Leeds not rubbish for God's sake) , but his stunt yesterday was just a stunt, Leeds fans lapped it up, people in game rolled their eyes, whether the spying is a bit naughty or not depends on your point of view.

3 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Also, it slipped me by last night, but Bielsa analysed all 51 games we played last season at 4 hours a piece? 

Bielsa got his staff to watch and analyse 204 hours of Gary Rowett's Derby County team. I seriously cannot think of a bigger waste of time than that, seriously, it's a completely different side! I also think Leeds should honour the men that had to do that arduous task, I can only imagine their mental state now.

No wonder they hide in bushes with a pair of pliers. They need counselling.

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I'm sure Bielsa is great, but this is the first thing to irritate me from all of this nonsense.

You don't know how much prep every other manager does. Therefore you don't know how much less, or more, work any individual manager puts in than Bielsa.

Bielsa being "famous" for his attention to detail simply means that he talks about, which he does. I've seen tons of interviews with players of tons of clubs, talking about their manager, who acclaim their boss's "attention to detail".

Also, every club also has groups of staff who spend their whole days in a room watching games of the opposition, collating detailed reports etc. 

I'm not saying Bielsa definitely doesn't put in more work than anyone else, cos (amazingly) I don't ducking know - but the idea that that (really basic) presentation is proof that no-one else puts in the same amount of work is objectively absurd.

I didnt say that.

Just pointing out its very easy for managers to claim things and people taking that as fact.

38 minutes ago, Cjay said:

“The police came on the training pitch, disruption number one" That is Frank a few days ago. 

So Frank talks about honesty and flat out lies according to the police.

As i said, small point, just wish people would atleast get there facts straight in the media. 

When did  lampard state they entered the training ground?  All he said as far as i know is that police attended the training ground which are the words the police used themselves. 

Derby would be aware there was an incident which caused them to stop training.

5 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

When did  lampard state they entered the training ground?  All he said as far as i know is that police attended the training ground which are the words the police used themselves. 

Why encourage him to respond?

8 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Pre game, sky interview i think, been quoted in quite a few media sources.

Anyway i wont respond anymore, i know when I'm not welcome?

1 minute ago, Cjay said:

Pre game, sky interview i think, been quoted in quite a few media sources.

Anyway i wont respond anymore, i know when I'm not welcome?

I think it came from a daily mirror article on the day it broke. Never read anything or heard lampard say they did. It's not a case of being welcome or not, stating ad fact someone is a liar is the issue, unless you can prove it of course.

10 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I think it came from a daily mirror article on the day it broke. Never read anything or heard lampard say they did. It's not a case of being welcome or not, stating ad fact someone is a liar is the issue, unless you can prove it of course.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/marcelo-bielsa-confirms-sent-leeds-13843995.amp

Its in there, was apparently the Sky interview before the game. Mirror as you say but quoting his Sky interview.

Could probably go and check by going on my tele and searching for it but its not that important, small point but does seem Frank has told a lie.

1 minute ago, Cjay said:

Frank has told a lie.

So what? Frank telling a fib is much less consequential than you cheating in every single league game you've played this season. And you'll justify it by saying ''well at least Bielsa admits we cheated!!'' when we all know he wouldn't have said anything if he wasn't caught. How anyone can defend or call this man a genius for this is beyond me. 

4 minutes ago, Cjay said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/marcelo-bielsa-confirms-sent-leeds-13843995.amp

Its in there, was apparently the Sky interview before the game. Mirror as you say but quoting his Sky interview.

Could probably go and check by going on my tele and searching for it but its not that important, small point but does seem Frank has told a lie.

Of course it's not possible he was misquoted. 

Still if it makes you feel better so be it.

Im fairly sure most take the accuracy of publications like the mirror with a pinch of salt.

If he said it fine. Maybe he did in the heat of the moment who knows.  Probably fair enough discovering an opponent showing the disrespect they were.

I have no issue with anyone saying bielsa did nothing wrong, what i find appallingly is people turning it round on lampard, quoting avb and laundry baskets with no proof he was involved in any of it. Its just deflection thats all

Archived