'suspicious' man outside Derby County's training ground

minesahartington

Its a cultural thing.

You have to understand that in Leeds staring into people's houses was always considered an acceptable practice. In some cases it offered frustrated adolescent boys a free alternative to a jazz mag hence the notion of "whippit" keeping.

as such, it's no real surprise they, to a man, feel that spying is nothing wrong.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, eddie said:

Since when have Leeds United or their fans ever had any integrity or decency about them? This nonsense is exactly what I would expect from that club, who have always been scum.

And since when have we cared about what anyone else thinks? It's much more fun, this football lark, when you're hated.

Interesting listening to TalkSport this morning debating it, the Leeds fans unsurprisingly say he’s done nothing illegal, nothing wrong, but when asked if they would welcome a rule change by the EFL they would. 

But if he’s done nothing wro......?

Looks to me like they know it’s wrong (without admitting it) but as there is no specific rule which says thou will not spy, they see it as a loophole which the EFL can close, just don’t punish Bielsa or Leeds for finding/abusing it.

I think one thing for sure is that a rule change will be made, one that will cover training grounds are accessible by public footpaths. 

1 hour ago, eddie said:

Since when have Leeds United or their fans ever had any integrity or decency about them? This nonsense is exactly what I would expect from that club, who have always been scum.

Come on, I am not having this.

Billy Bremner was a fine upstanding pillar of the community.

Just a little poo on the field

Tried to put the alternative for poo but auto corrected even though I replaced the i with an !

1 hour ago, eddie said:

So every one of their fans is scum? 

I assume we are all scum as well then due to one of our fans throwing a plastic seat earlier in the season?

3 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

An article written by a Leeds fan? Or at least from a Leeds perspective? Nope, you’ve ruined any argument you have.

————————————————-

For saying Leeds are top of the league and there’s no real threat of points deductions, they do seem a little...obsessed by all this?

Could have been written by Lambchop. Tin hat firmly on.

4 hours ago, HorsforthRam said:

Leeds fans: When Leeds are criticised play the martyrs... “Sky hate us” ie. spygate

When Sky go OTT ie. Bielsa conference (what a genius, never seen anything like it etc.), they lap it up and can’t get enough. 

Getting played like everyone else...

That’s why I can’t take their fans seriously on this, biggest bed wetters in the country. 

I still would like to know where the stuff about pliers and ladders came from, and the police entering the training ground, that bit was specifically denied by Derbyshire Police in a tweet. 

Moving on from the football side, thats making stuff up on the part of Derby FC? Thats not right surely? 

9 minutes ago, Cjay said:

I still would like to know where the stuff about pliers and ladders came from, and the police entering the training ground, that bit was specifically denied by Derbyshire Police in a tweet. 

Moving on from the football side, thats making stuff up on the part of Derby FC? Thats not right surely? 

Oh come on we all know that's not true.

He was dropped inside Moor Farm from a B52 bomber.

Mel's drone spotted him and reported it straight to the police.

The pliers found were the ones Tyrone Mears dropped in the hedge which he used for his escape from Derby.

Obviously the binoculars bit was made up though.

9 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Still see people going on about pliers, trespassing etc. As it stands, none of that matters in terms of what they’ve been investigated for. Don’t know how many times I need to say this, but it is not relevant to what is happening.

Its relevant in the sense Sky and the like are pushing that angle, cant count how many times ive heard the media say he was "inside the training ground" and Keown banging on about ladders and disrupting Derby training for ages. 

Wheres we now know that the disruption lasted for a few minutes and then you carried on, the police did not enter the training ground, and the man was on public land. 

Just like Sky to stop pushing false information, it bugs me. 

38 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Could have been written by Lambchop. Tin hat firmly on.

I am a bit concerned about Lambchop. Not heard from her for a while. Was there a coded message in Bielsa’s presentation yesterday informing her to return to base?  Or do we have agents that have neutralised her? This spying game is fraught with danger.

34 minutes ago, Cjay said:

4 hours ago, rynny said:

They neither confirmed, nor denied, that he was carrying pliers. 

28 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Its relevant in the sense Sky and the like are pushing that angle, cant count how many times ive heard the media say he was "inside the training ground" and Keown banging on about ladders and disrupting Derby training for ages. 

Wheres we now know that the disruption lasted for a few minutes and then you carried on, the police did not enter the training ground, and the man was on public land. 

Just like Sky to stop pushing false information, it bugs me. 

Christ, you care what Sky think??? 

I think you’ve got enough outlets fawning over an irrelevant press conference last night if I’m honest. From what I see your manager could urinate into the wind and journalists would sit behind him with their mouths open.

If one or two could see a bit more what that was from Bielsa last night, then I think we’d have a more balanced debate on our hands. 

I think on balance, you are doing ok

41 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I am a bit concerned about Lambchop. Not heard from her for a while. Was there a coded message in Bielsa’s presentation yesterday informing her to return to base?  Or do we have agents that have neutralised her? This spying game is fraught with danger.

I've given up trying to discuss anything serious on this forum. 

The football is as bad as the politics.

Perhaps it should be banned. 

Archived