'suspicious' man outside Derby County's training ground

minesahartington

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I may have missed it, but has Bielsa/Dirty Leeds come out and said that they will definitely stop spying on all other league teams training sessions from now on?

Because if they have (and equally if they haven't, but the EFL tell them categorically to cease) - surely only then will we see the answer to the argument about how much competitive advantage they gained.

The notion of docking points at this stage seems daft IMO - as there is no real way to quantify the effect.

If they stop doing it and revert back to their usual mid-table mediocrity then we have our answer.

If they stop but carry on winning and get promoted, then (beyond the unsportsmanlike behaviour - which every football fan expects from Dirty Leeds TBF) it was all a fuss about nowt

48 minutes ago, skeletor said:

An article written by a Leeds fan? Or at least from a Leeds perspective? Nope, you’ve ruined any argument you have.

————————————————-

For saying Leeds are top of the league and there’s no real threat of points deductions, they do seem a little...obsessed by all this?

1 minute ago, TuffLuff said:

For saying Leeds are top of the league and there’s no real threat of points deductions, they do seem a little...obsessed by all this?

They're second only to scousers when it comes to victim mentality.

29 minutes ago, skeletor said:

Apparently the police have confirmed that there were no pliers. I'll try find a link.

Bit of a difference between staring into someone's front room with the intention of breaking in and watching a team of professional athletes train from a dstance. For Keogh I use the term 'athlete' very loosely.

You can't cry about Leeds bringing the game into disrepute when the logic behind your reasoning could apply to practically every team in the world, including your own.

No, you can't. Looking down on all the immoral people around must make you feel good. Just like Leeds looking down at the rest of the league ?

EDIT: here's a link...

https://thisisfutbol.com/2019/01/blogs/derby-polic-responses-show-something-rotten-going-on-over-spygate/

No where in that article, do the police confirm there were no pliers. The police were very careful to avoid directly answering that question and did answer the rest. No offence committed in the eyes of the law only means no evidence to support an offence.

The legal offence in question is agravated trespass. But this has to be proven he was on private land, and then a complaint made by the land owner. As it says he was found on public land and DC have clearly not followed it up, no unlawful offence has been committed. 

That does not mean I know he did/did not trespass, (for example, is the complex land boundary right up to the fence?) but I am open minded and understand how the law works. 

Also, the police did tweet a picture of the suspect in the van. Someone could have recognised the tracksuit and contacted Leeds, and they also #spyingischeating.    Telling everyone the suspect had checked out ok. Not hard to work it out. Unless you are a blinkered journo/fanzine writer with an FA/EFL/everyone hates us agenda.

It is against the spirit of the game, and therefore should be stamped out. The fact Leeds  admitted it is wrong and said they would have words with Bielsa means they know this. 

There needs to be some form of deterrent moving forwards but not a fan of a points deduction.

Making the club and every Leeds fan apologise for being dirty cheating stools for the last 40 years, renouncing the inaccuracies in the Damned United, promising to behave in future and sitting on the naughty step for the rest of the season would be enough for me.

28 minutes ago, David said:

I have also seen another post where he is having a beer and quoted as saying “we didn’t practice penalties yesterday in case anyone was watching”, haven’t got a scooby how to link and probably made up but made me chuckle.

2 hours ago, skeletor said:

There were no binoculars or pliers. That's just made up rubbish. I'm not suggesting you said it but the guy didn't break into anywhere either - he was on public property. There's another professional league team that trains about half a mile from where I work. I pass the training pitch twice a day and if I wanted I could quite easily stop and watch without doing anything wrong. If you want your training sessions to be private, you can't have them in full view of public land.

Isn't diving or time wasting unethical? You lot need to get down off your moral high horse.

So you've literally joined our forum to just comment on this... ?

Sad. 

Also I never said that it's against the rules it just goes morally against fair play and it's funny how every manager, pundit and fan in the country seems to agree unless you're associated with Leeds ?? and there's a very simple answer to that you're DIRTY LEEDS.. Always have been, ALWAYS will be ?? absolute scum. 

1 minute ago, clarkeram7 said:

So you've literally joined our forum to just comment on this... ?

Sad. 

Also I never said that it's against the rules it just goes morally against fair play and it's funny how every manager, pundit and fan in the country seems to agree unless you're associated with Leeds ?? and there's a very simple answer to that you're DIRTY LEEDS.. Always have been, ALWAYS will be ?? absolute scum. 

Like Lampards comments, that's not actually true though is it?

Your rookie manager is looking more and more like an amateur by the hour. Bless him.

11 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

I have also seen another post where he is having a beer and quoted as saying “we didn’t practice penalties yesterday in case anyone was watching”, haven’t got a scooby how to link and probably made up but made me chuckle.

Let me know device you’re on and where the post is and I’ll show you how

3 minutes ago, vidukasbox said:

Your rookie manager is looking more and more like an amateur by the hour. Bless him.

And your manager didn't look a fool yesterday to anyone who knows anything remotely about football??????? 

The only fools he's managed to convince are idiots like yourself who are so naive to be impressed by data analysis that every team creates in the whole country. 

5 minutes ago, vidukasbox said:

In what way is he looking like an amateur?

He felt annoyed at the time, but he didn't use it as an excuse and has now moved on from it. 

It's all the non-Derby media dragging it along now, in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

In what way is he looking like an amateur?

He felt annoyed at the time, but he didn't use it as an excuse and has now moved on from it. 

It's all the non-Derby media dragging it along now, in my opinion.

But hey, dragging up a matter we'd moved on from and having a 70 minute targeted meltdown in front of the media... that's fine.

How can anyone really defend what Bielsa has done? He claims he has all this data (which I’m sure all top clubs at this level probably have anyway), yet feels the need to send spies to every team in the league before he plays them. 

If he thought it was pointless then he wouldn’t do it. But clearly it’s not pointless to Bielsa. By doing this he can pick up information on the team selection and tactics of the opposition for the next game that he couldn’t find out through any sort of data analysis. It has given Leeds an unfair advantage against 23 other clubs. He deserves to be punished.

31 minutes ago, vidukasbox said:

And to be honest, I agree with most on here. We didn't need to do it. We didn't need to send a spy down to know your tactic of 'give it to Harry Wilson'.

No wonder we struggled to string two passes together and got caught in possession often... they were looking for Wilson who wasn’t even in the squad 

Since when have Leeds United or their fans ever had any integrity or decency about them? This nonsense is exactly what I would expect from that club, who have always been scum.

Archived