Vs Southampton home (Matchday thread).

Rev

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frank Lampard ‘Tom Lawrence is so important to us; he’s always willing to try something and he’s working hard and we love him here’ 

Derby Fans ‘Lawrence not good enough. Too fancy. Doesn’t work hard enough. Inconsistent. Bleh’ 

I’m inclined to lean towards big Frank

Just now, HantsRam said:

Surely not......Southampton are a bunch of donkeys ?

I can’t get over how polite and respectable all the Southampton fans seem to be,is everyone like that down their?

Even that guy doing the weird I look like i’ve taken all the MDMA dance is given maximum respect(quite rightly).

I know lads like that in Ashbourne and everyone just takes the piss out of them.

4 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

I can’t get over how polite and respectable all the Southampton fans seem to be,is everyone like that down their?

Even that guy doing the weird I look like i’ve taken all the MDMA dance is given maximum respect(quite rightly).

I know lads like that in Ashbourne and everyone just takes the piss out of them.

Tbf the Southampton fanbase is not really a hotbed of thuggery. 

Don't get me wrong, there are some nasty gangland types in the city itself but they don't do football.

I'll be going along to the replay and I'm sure they will be good humoured even if among them in colours.

If you never made it to the old Dell, it was like plonking the baseball ground in the middle of allestree village. Kind of sets the tone....?

I like Holmes and I like Lawrence, the only difference is their price tag. Holmes was definitely better yesterday, yet without Lawrence we wouldn’t have got a draw out of that game. In the grand scheme of things, both showed why they deserve to start the next game - and I expect both will. 

4 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

Frank Lampard ‘Tom Lawrence is so important to us; he’s always willing to try something and he’s working hard and we love him here’ 

Derby Fans ‘Lawrence not good enough. Too fancy. Doesn’t work hard enough. Inconsistent. Bleh’ 

I’m inclined to lean towards big Frank

For the good of the team .... and individual players ....  some people need to keep their opinions to themselves ... not sure constantly digging certain players out helps!!! ?

6 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Late to the thread but two points. 

Scrappy first hour whilst everyone said hello, but team as a whole showed immense character to dig in and fight back. I think this has improved no-end under FL.

Lawrence I thought did better than of late. Never gave up and although early on he did his usual bad choices he got into game and didn't let his head drop. Reward was an assist and a good goal. Well done lad.

I’d live to see the statistic for points won from a loosing position this season compared to others (I know we didn’t get any points yesterday, but you know what I mean). I bet we’re already smashing last season in that regard. Love the spirit to come back, hate that we always have to go behind to wake up. But there are worse problems to have, as long as we maintain that ability to come back. 

My thing with Lawrence is that he hasn’t done enough yet to put himself in credit. Marriott, for example, isn’t being lambasted for his kids at the end, because he’s done more than enough good things to put him in credit, and make the odd miss forgivable. I personally think Keogh should fit in the same category, he does so much good, it easily earns him the occasional rooster up without expecting the criticism he gets. And Wilson consistently scores free kicks, sonof he occasionally balloons one over, we can forgive him.

But lawrence seems to make the wrong decision far more often than he makes the right decision. And, for me, he hasn’t scored enough of those screamers while he’s been with us to put himself in credit.

1 minute ago, TigerTedd said:

I’d live to see the statistic for points won from a loosing position this season compared to others (I know we didn’t get any points yesterday, but you know what I mean). I bet we’re already smashing last season in that regard. Love the spirit to come back, hate that we always have to go behind to wake up. But there are worse problems to have, as long as we maintain that ability to come back.

If you were to count Man Utd and Southampton as two league draws we'd have earned 19 points coming from behind so far.

5 minutes ago, Gisby said:

For the good of the team .... and individual players ....  some people need to keep their opinions to themselves ... not sure constantly digging certain players out helps!!! ?

Sadly some people just can't stop themselves 

3 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

My thing with Lawrence is that he hasn’t done enough yet to put himself in credit. Marriott, for example, isn’t being lambasted for his kids at the end, because he’s done more than enough good things to put him in credit, and make the odd miss forgivable. I personally think Keogh should fit in the same category, he does so much good, it easily earns him the occasional rooster up without expecting the criticism he gets. And Wilson consistently scores free kicks, sonof he occasionally balloons one over, we can forgive him.

But lawrence seems to make the wrong decision far more often than he makes the right decision. And, for me, he hasn’t scored enough of those screamers while he’s been with us to put himself in credit.

Worth pointing out that yesterday was Lawrence‘s first game for a few weeks and that it would naturally take a while to get his touch. Let’s hope yesterday’s successes will give him confidence.

42 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

Are we assuming that the replay will be on tv (BT or BBC) as its the only replay fixture on Wednesday 16th?

I would think so unless Leicester v Newport is a replay and on that night and there is the Wolves v Liverpool game to come tomoz....

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

I like Holmes and I like Lawrence, the only difference is their price tag. Holmes was definitely better yesterday, yet without Lawrence we wouldn’t have got a draw out of that game. In the grand scheme of things, both showed why they deserve to start the next game - and I expect both will. 

I am not hating on Lawrence, but from what I have seen so far of Holmes, they are different players and although Lawrence scores more Holmes seems a much better all round player.  Better attitude, ball retention, creativity, footwork, agility, acceleration and more of a team player, I would say there is lot of differences between the two. Saying that I would start both of them against Leeds, Holmes on the left, Lawrence on the right , Wilson and mount in the middle and Evans holding it all down in the DM role. We need to sign a new CM ,  as we lack a bit of balance in midfield and Bryson isn't the answer. Most of the midfielders we have who can run and tackle also can't pass a ball well. We need an all rounder I think, but I suppose with FFP we won't be able to get one until the summer.

35 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

I am not hating on Lawrence, but from what I have seen so far of Holmes, they are different players and although Lawrence scores more Holmes seems a much better all round player.  Better attitude, ball retention, creativity, footwork, agility, acceleration and more of a team player, I would say there is lot of differences between the two. 

This is like when you say to someone, 'with all due respect' before finishing with 'you're a massive c**t and I wish you'd just **** off'. 

8 minutes ago, 86 points said:

This is like when you say to someone, 'with all due respect' before finishing with 'you're a massive c**t and I wish you'd just **** off'. 

If you don't mind, I'll copy and paste this for future use, save my fingers.

That should keep @rynny on his toes!

Archived