Vs Southampton home (Matchday thread).

Rev

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had to leave early today to get a train so I won’t give a full match review thing, but I now have time on the train to write something so here goes.

When you are in the Prem, you really need that bit of quality, which for them was Redmond. After the second the question really was where is our quality to do something out of nothing. The answer is with Lawrence and he produced it twice.

WHEN he doesn’t blind panic and instead looks to find himself an extra yard of space then he looks a world beater. Part of the frustration with him I think is that ‘panic’ gets to him very quickly and hence he comes off worse in challenges, or lumps the ball away or loses concentration. But credit where it’s due, two bits of quality showed that he can be a big asset for us. 

Holmes made the second too and showed he’s gonna be a fantastic player going into the second half of this season and beyond.

1 minute ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

When did we sign Messi? 

That Lawrence rocket shut the moaning buggers behind me up, thought he had a really good game 

I find it so disappointing that the group of our 'fans' who are so quick to criticise, are so slow to give praise when it's due.

One of the more enjoyable aspects of supporting the Rams is reading the match thread after the game.

Going through the comments...

Good point, prat, prat, prat, moron, f off to Forest, good point, put on ignore, prat.

Thought we played well. 

We must be the only team that can be odds on favourite when 2-0 down on the in play betting markets, love a comeback don’t we?

Redmond’s shot was going in with or without the help of Keogh. Give him a break for one night.

Redmond’s second you just don’t save those.

Lawrence delicious assist and cracking strike would have been enough to award him man of the match on another day, but Duane Holmes had other ideas. One for his mantle piece.

Marriott didn’t have his shredded wheat this morning which is a shame, had a couple of chances which he would usually bury and save a trip to the South Coast. 

For a strong Southampton team you can see why they are where they are in the table.

Who says without Wilson and Mount we’re nothing? [insert Delia Smith lets be avin ya gif]

Did I mention how good Duane Holmes was today? Start him Friday Frank, deserves it.

What a ducking game. I’ve got a season ticket but I don’t usually do drunken match reports when we play at home. However, today I went in the South Stand (as opposed to the usual North Stand), something that I’ve wanted to do for years but the loyalty I feel to the guys who sit near me has thus far prevented me from moving.

Anyway, what a ducking comeback today. We showed fight and balls to beat a side who have picked up under their new gaffer. Two cracking goals by us and there was absolute pandemonium amongst the South Stand boys.

In terms of individuals, Jayden Bogle and Kelle Roos both impressed me today. However, Duane Holmes was in a league of his own. He glides across the pitch like Christoper Dean on ice and he’s got an end product as well. I have no qualms about losing Mason Mount next season as he will slot in absolutely perfectly.

So, Southampton away is on the horizon. It might cost me £100+ for transport alone but I’ll do everything in my power (and in my budget hopefully) to get there. Not sure how I’ll afford that and Ipswich (along with the more local away days) but I’ll ducking try. 

Roll on Saturday. Love you all, I’m if for a curry. Up the chuffing Rams.

There’s nothing wrong with the draw today, Pompey are a good side who drew away to Chelsea a few days ago.

This game wasn’t really that important in the grand scheme of things as many regard the FA Cup to now be on the same level as the league cup or community shield these days. However, it was very good to see a lot of youngsters and players on the fringes given ago. I’d echo some thoughts that we should play Holmes, Wilson and Mount in the same team against Leeds City on Friday if all are fit.

The game against Leeds City on Friday is massive as we don’t have a great record there over recent years and under the flood lights you can bet yourself that their fans will be drunk and tell us we aren’t welcome but we must rise up to that challenge. I think the last time we played Leeds on a Friday was under McClaren where we some what crumbled. I believe we played on a Friday too against them under Clement where we also crumbled.

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

There’s nothing wrong with the draw today, Pompey are a good side who drew away to Chelsea a few days ago.

This game wasn’t really that important in the grand scheme of things as many regard the FA Cup to now be on the same level as the league cup or community shield these days. However, it was very good to see a lot of youngsters and players on the fringes given ago. I’d echo some thoughts that we should play Holmes, Wilson and Mount in the same team against Leeds City on Friday if all are fit.

The game against Leeds City on Friday is massive as we don’t have a great record there over recent years and under the flood lights you can bet yourself that their fans will be drunk and tell us we aren’t welcome but we must rise up to that challenge. I think the last time we played Leeds on a Friday was under McClaren where we some what crumbled. I believe we played on a Friday too against them under Clement where we also crumbled.

Have you had a few Pompey?

Archived