V Notts F*rest (h) match day thread

RiddingsRam

Awful ref. Awful game. Poor performances from both sides. Number 27 for them at right back was the worst player to play in this fixture for 20 years.

Atmosphere from both sets of fans reflected this.

Minus one a-piece would have been fair.

Both sides will take a point and be glad of it.

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Yes mate the ref was very poor tonight, and believe me that was a certain penalty, it was so easy to give as well, about time refs where interviewed at the end of games, to answear certain decisions they are giving, managers have to do it, players have to do it, about time these jumped up twits like Stroud start doing it, yes we where robbed again, sky sports saw it  Frank Lampard saw it, I sure it, you saw it , 31000 saw it, but that twit Stroud saw duck all again, it boils my blood, how these refs get away with murder, rant over, time for bed lol. Once a Ram always a Ram.

The referee was so ( IMO ) worryingly worried about losing control in a tough Derby, he tried to give eveyrhing as if to try and stamp his authority on the game. 

Flawed of course as the Gumps went to the floor every time they were challenged. We didn’t.  So we and the beautiful game was comprised by a poo referee and a linesman on east side that needs to have a word with himself 

Forest fan here who watched the game on Sky. Came to look at your comments on the game which by and large I think are a bit biased! So I'm just going to give honest opinion. 

In no particular order these are my thoughts:

I actually enjoyed the the game despite the 0-0 draw

Probably a fair result. You guys had more possession (especially first half) but we created the better chances and looked to have more threat. I never felt you had any real chance of scoring tbh. I've seen penalties given for that kind of challenge but had it been given it would have been a soft penalty imo. It was just a clumsy attempt to clear a ball. There was no danger and would have been a penalty not really earnt by Derby had you got it. 

Atmosphere actually sounded decent on Sky. Forest fans sounded like they were singing most of the time (but the karanka song gets on my nerves). We sounded very  loud at times for away fans despite being in a corner of the ground. 

Neither side had any real quality performances from individuals IMO. Which is worrying if either of us got promoted. How many players on either team are good enough for Premier League being honest? Marriott very hard working for you though but no real quailty or threat last night at least. Reminded me of Jamie Ward a bit. I kind of rated Wilson for you but even he is probably only lower level Premier League when he's more experienced. Based on last night he's a long way away from Liverpool quality right now. The loan should do him good though and he might even end up staying with you maybe if you went up? Or is he normally better than tgat?  Lolley looked dangerous for us and was cutting inside a lot. He should have scored when he hit the bar. I also thought Grabban looked a threat to you all game. 

I feel more confident we might get promotion rather than you after watching the game. Thought we battled well and had more quality going forward.  I expected a lot more from you and would have definitely taken a draw before the game. After the game I felt disappointed we didn't win it. 

I do agree the ref seemed to give us a lot of soft free kicks we might not expect away from home. 

Ps to the fan above who said that was your most assured performance defensively this season - then I would be worried. 3 or 4 times we got players clean through or almost clean through. We looked way more assured defensively IMO and that's with a patched up defence last night. 

You will need to defend better and definitely show more threat going forward if you are going to get promoted.

Having said all that Lampard is doing a decent job for you. I never expected him to even survive this long in the job when he was appointed tbh. You guys must be pleased with him so far. Disappointed to see him focussing on that penalty claim after the game though. 

6 hours ago, Derby blood said:

Yes mate the ref was very poor tonight, and believe me that was a certain penalty, it was so easy to give as well, about time refs where interviewed at the end of games, to answear certain decisions they are giving, managers have to do it, players have to do it, about time these jumped up twits like Stroud start doing it, yes we where robbed again, sky sports saw it  Frank Lampard saw it, I sure it, you saw it , 31000 saw it, but that twit Stroud saw duck all again, it boils my blood, how these refs get away with murder, rant over, time for bed lol. Once a Ram always a Ram.

Our defender went to clear the ball, missed it and his foot connected with the waist of your player. It was just clumsy but not an out and out foul IMO.

Would have been a nothing penalty. 

Sky ended up saying it should have been a penalty after watching it a few times. They also said your full back should have been sent off for an elbow to the face. Again I disagree and just think they like to make things more dramatic than they are to add some excitement etc. 

7 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

Ill have a pint of what your drinking.......

Yes, it was a pen, but sending off? Do me a favour. 

Draws a fair result. 

It was dangerous play and was certainly a booking. Stroud allowed them to get away with murder all night. Several of their players should be nominated for Oscars for falling to the ground as if pole-axed!

10 minutes ago, Interestedparty said:

Our defender went to clear the ball, missed it and his foot connected with the waist of your player. It was just clumsy but not an out and out foul IMO.

Would have been a nothing penalty. 

Sky ended up saying it should have been a penalty after watching it a few times. They also said your full back should have been sent off for an elbow to the face. Again I disagree and just think they like to make things more dramatic than they are to add some excitement etc. 

Clumsiness is no excuse.It was a stonewall penalty. Your defenders were a bunch of donkeys with Hefele guaranteed a future on Blackpool beach when he finishes football. Your team play kick and rush football with Grabban constantly offside. Poor tactics and a poor side.

7 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Tom Lawrence looked pretty badly hurt. Hope he's OK. Not even a booking from Mr Stroud...

You see this is where refs get unfair stick. Watch it again on TV and it wasn't even a foul let alone a booking. Your player injured himself the way he landed after being tackled fairly. 

13 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

Your defenders were a bunch of donkeys with Hefele guaranteed a future on Blackpool beach when he finishes football. 

That's the first time Hefele has looked composed to me though last night. Being honest. He may well be a donkey but your team did nothing to expose him as one? So I agree with you a bit but what does that say about your attacking threat last night?

Ive not come on here for an argument. Based on your position in the league I really expected you to be better going forward.

What did you do that threatened us or looked dangerous last night? Against a donkey? Nobody ran at him or took advantage of him? 

Be honest? 

4 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Stroud had a poor game but his mistakes affected both sides.

Tomori and Bogle were lucky boys.

The game was competitive but not dirty and I'm just glad we didn't see a sending-off.

Really looking forward to Saturday as I'm a Rams fan from Bristol.

Yep you've just reminded me of that Tomori challenge. That's a career ending type challenge for his opponents if he does it again and a definite sending off even if he only half connects next time. 

4 minutes ago, Interestedparty said:

That's the first time Hefele has looked composed to me though last night. Being honest. He may well be a donkey but your team did nothing to expose him as one? So I agree with you a bit but what does that say about your attacking threat last night?

Ive not come on here for an argument. Based on your position in the league I really expected you to be better going forward.

What did you do that threatened us or looked dangerous last night? Against a donkey? 

Be honest? 

Hefele was booked and should have been booked earlier. Pantilimon had to make several good saves and Huddlestone went close at the far post. Your players dropped to the floor after the slightest of touches and you played kick and rush football with Grabban constantly offside. Kawanka plays the same ugly football that he played at Middlesbrough.

4 minutes ago, Interestedparty said:

Yep you've just reminded me of that Tomori challenge. That's a career ending type challenge for his opponents if he does it again and a definite sending off even if he only half connects next time. 

But he didn't connect .Darinkwa did connect and it should have been awarded as a penalty.

19 minutes ago, Interestedparty said:

You see this is where refs get unfair stick. Watch it again on TV and it wasn't even a foul let alone a booking. Your player injured himself the way he landed after being tackled fairly. 

What is you view on the fair tackles we made and the ref blew for fre kicks?

19 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

He was constantly offside!

Well if you are happy relying on offside fair enough. He wasn't always offside and it only takes one chance to lose the game.

Can you remember one chance you actually created through good football? I can't. 

Closest you got to scoring was the Huddlestone lunge after some poor Forest marking from a free kick. 

I'm assuming you've been playing much better football than that recently. You struggled to create a goalscoring opportunity against a makeshift Forest defence there to be exposed. Our other centre back was our normal left back out of position and we both agree Hefele is a donkey. And yet you made us look composed IMO. 

Archived