V Notts F*rest (h) match day thread

RiddingsRam

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Interestedparty said:

You see this is where refs get unfair stick. Watch it again on TV and it wasn't even a foul let alone a booking. Your player injured himself the way he landed after being tackled fairly. 

9 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

But he didn't connect .Darinkwa did connect and it should have been awarded as a penalty.

If my two penneth worth is of any use.

The so called tackle where Lawrence injured himself on the sidelines was his own doing. He did indeed land awkward and got injured as a result.

The one in the box by Darinkwa was as clear cut a penalty as you will ever see. The Ref was no more than 5 yards away and didn't see it. I was 150 miles away in Bath and I bl00dy saw it.

As for your defender Falafel or Heffalump or what ever his name is - Unfortunately he did what he did very well and that was play the dirty game.

Should have been booked a couple of times before he actually did.

3 minutes ago, Interestedparty said:

Like I say would have been a penalty for nothing. Your player was going nowhere. It wasn't a goal scoring opportunity etc. 

Some refs give it and some don't.  

If that happens anywhere else on the pitch it’s a foul and a freekick - no doubt about it. Therefore, it should have been a penalty. 

17 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

If that happens anywhere else on the pitch it’s a foul and a freekick - no doubt about it. Therefore, it should have been a penalty. 

I don't disagree but you say anywhere else on the pitch for a reason. Which is why I say some refs give them and some don't.  It would have been a nothing penalty and very lucky way to get a chance to win the game IMO. 

7 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

As for your defender Falafel or Heffalump or what ever his name is - Unfortunately he did what he did very well and that was play the dirty game.

Should have been booked a couple of times before he actually did.

But none of your players showed any quality to trouble him?  Marriott just hassled him with work rate.

Like I say I posted because I thought it was all a bit biased on here. It's normal to find things to moan about refs for on football forums but I think you are just ignoring the fact your team looked pretty average last night. We looked better than I expected and the few bits of quality did come from us

Based on the lack of quailty though God help either team next season if they get promoted. I hope you've got loads of money to spend. I think we have. Still won't be enough though most likely as we will pretty much need an entire new team to compete up there. 

Its also great for us Forest fans to have visibly closed the gap on you so quickly after what Fawaz did to our club the last few years

Also a comment about your fans. When the game started and I saw all the flags etc it looked like it was going to be a huge atmosphere. I was worried. Reminded me of what Leicester created etc when they were on a roll. Then after that nothing really from you guys?

Again being honest on TV you could really only hear Forest fans vast majority of the game. I accept that's what away fans do. But the atmosphere during the game didn't live up to what it looked like it might be at the start of the game?

11 minutes ago, Interestedparty said:

Like I say I posted because I thought it was all a bit biased on here. It's normal to find things to moan about refs for on football forums but I think you are just ignoring the fact your team looked pretty average last night. We looked better than I expected and the few bits of quality did come from us

Based on the lack of quailty though God help either team next season if they get promoted. I hope you've got loads of money to spend. I think we have. 

Its also great for us Forest fans to have visibly closed the gap on you so quickly after what Fawaz did to our club the last few years

17E1EE0D-4304-42B5-A4E9-D069C82E8493.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Interestedparty said:

But none of your players showed any quality to trouble him?  Marriott just hassled him with work rate.

the Wilson volley that your keeper saved brilliantly, the Bogle shot early on that your keeper saved from a great bit of anticipation.  Your posting started in a balanced manner and now you've started to lose that focus.  A draw was fair

@Interestedparty You're welcome to contribute, and by and large you're being perfectly reasonable, but 1, of course a derby fans forum is going to be derby biased and 2, you claim you're honest but in reality you're just putting your forest bias forward, it's fine, just don't delude yourself.

We also hassled your defenders into quite a few errors which fortune more than skill meant no more was made of, grabban had what, three moments of genuine danger, lolly two? pantyman made more meaningful saves than carson did, draw was fair, no ones really arguing it wasn't.

36 minutes ago, Interestedparty said:

Like I say would have been a penalty for nothing. Your player was going nowhere. It wasn't a goal scoring opportunity etc. 

Some refs give it and some don't.  

We should have been awarded a free shot at the goal  from 11 yards after 19 minutes and Darinkwa should have been shown the yellow card. Clumsiness on the part of Darinkwa  is no excuse and in addition  there does not have to be a goal scoring opportunity for a penalty to be awarded. Darinkwa was clumsy at Chesterfield (which is where he belongs) and is clumsy at Forest. Him and Hefele are clumsy and dirty. Karanka likes clumsy and dirty defenders. He had plenty of them at Middlesbrough. Now please go away and read Kenny Burns column in the Nottingham Post where he will tell you how unlucky Forest were and how Grabban scores every time he gets an opportunity!

7 minutes ago, Spanish said:

the Wilson volley that your keeper saved brilliantly, the Bogle shot early on that your keeper saved from a great bit of anticipation.  Your posting started in a balanced manner and now you've started to lose that focus.  A draw was fair

I thought our keeper made a couple of solid saves but not brilliant ones being honest. Yep I've already said a draw was fair based on your possession but our better chances. I just expected more quality from you. Most Forest fans were worried about this match and most pleasantly surprised how well we did. I was just expecting to see more Derby fans disappointed on here with the performance rather than complaining about the ref. 

Is Marriott good enough to get you promoted? I think Grabban is for us.

5 minutes ago, Interestedparty said:

I thought our keeper made a couple of solid saves but not brilliant ones being honest. Yep I've already said a draw was fair based on your possession but our better chances. I just expected more quality from you. Most Forest fans were worried about this match and most pleasantly surprised how well we did. I was just expecting to see more Derby fans disappointed on here with the performance rather than complaining about the ref. 

Is Marriott good enough to get you promoted? I think Grabban is for us.

this is the best florest side we have played in some time and many of us were worried about the result.  Not winding you up but I did expect more from you.  hope you get promoted in second place behind us

1 minute ago, Interestedparty said:

I thought our keeper made a couple of solid saves but not brilliant ones being honest. Yep I've already saud a draw was fair based on your possession but our better chances. I just expected more quality from you. Most Forest fans were worried about this match and most pleasantly surprised how well we did. I was expecting to see more Derby fans disappointed on here with the performance rather than complaining about the ref. 

Our performances have been indifferent for a few weeks now. Yes, we’ve eked out a few good results but either the opposition have been awful (Swansea) or we’ve had some advantages (Wigan sending off).

last time we really wanted the team to raise their game and impose the sort of stylish football we were playing a couple of months ago was v Stoke and we descended to their levels of thuggery and rubbish. I was hopeful of us raising our game last night but seems we didn’t. So I’m disappointed.

1 hour ago, Seaside Ram said:

Sorry if it's already been asked but was there any news on why Waggy was totally excluded ?

Steve Nicholson asked after the game. Apparently it was tactical and down to who Lampard wanted on the bench.

I think he can count himself unlucky. We played our best football with him out wide and Wilson in midfield.

13 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

@Interestedparty You're welcome to contribute, and by and large you're being perfectly reasonable, but 1, of course a derby fans forum is going to be derby biased and 2, you claim you're honest but in reality you're just putting your forest bias forward, it's fine, just don't delude yourself.

We also hassled your defenders into quite a few errors which fortune more than skill meant no more was made of, grabban had what, three moments of genuine danger, lolly two? pantyman made more meaningful saves than carson did, draw was fair, no ones really arguing it wasn't.

Yep I don't want to be unreasonable. On our forums though we are as quick to criticise our own performance as we are to blame refs etc. I expected more disappointment at the way you played and less focus on the ref. I was happy you guys didn't play well but also surprised how comfortable we looked. Just expected better football from you and lots more threat. 

Just read the forest fan comments. Fair play for coming on here but you call our posts biased?! Your posts are quite possibly the most rose tinted views of a match I’ve ever seen on this board!!!

3 or 4 times you were clean through???? Can remember grabban second half once and we got back. 

Better chances first half? There was grabbans which Malone blocked, but you forget Bryson early on blazing over in a good position, the stonewall and I mean stonewall pen (either you need to go and re-educate yourself on the game or get your eyes tested if you think that’s a soft pen), and Huddlestone putting over from 3 yards out. 

Your two chances second half came from Lolley, we had the Wilson volley well saved, and pantilimon did well at the feet of Marriott but if Mount had played the easier pass to Wilson he was in with possibly an open goal as pantilimon had already committed to go and stop Marriott.

We edged the first half you edged the second neither deserved to win, that’s the balanced view

Archived