Ashley Cole is a Ram

Carl Sagan

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Ashley Cole could make his Derby County debut away at Accrington Stanley.

Guarantee that’s a sentence you’d never thought you’d read.

Accrington fans would love that, someone  for them to give stick too

13 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

According to the daily mail £15,000 a week - if true he’s going to play regularly isn’t he ?

We're not going to pay £15,000 a week for him to sit on the bench, not how tight money is now. I don't think he'll attack much but as a defender there will be no better LB in this league imo.

Just now, mwram1973 said:

We're not going to pay £15,000 a week for him to sit on the bench, not how tight money is now. I don't think he'll attack much but as a defender there will be no better LB in this league imo.

I hope so and we will see - basically it will be intresting 

5 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

He was the best attacking fullback in the MLS, so as someone who can cross a ball I think we’ll try and get that out of him. 

I like the signing. I think it fits. We were desperately short of experience in defence with Davies out, so it’s good to have someone to fill that void. We will know how up to speed he is once he gets a couple games under his belt. I suspect that Accrington will be his first test, with those being a decent league 1 side then I think it’s a good one to see where he is and how he fits. 

4 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

I very much doubt you would bring in someone at that cost to sit on the bench. However his experience and advice might also prove invaluable to the defence.  Bring it on I say

On the other hand, Malone will be on the same or perhaps more, so I would still expect him to 1st choice. Cole will get his chances though, Malone tends to miss games. 

Archived