Ashley Cole is a Ram

Carl Sagan

7 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

Not for me, he's 59 and he's been a free agent for a while now. If no one else will take him I think its a big risk.

Bet he can still head a ball further than I can kick it ?

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

We have no cover for left back. He will be in compitition with Malone for that spot. It will be a contract until the end of the season. What's the problem? 

I’m all for talking a risk on an attacking player but a left back?

As I said I hope I’m completely wrong, but with the amount of running the full backs have to do in frank’s system (like Malone and Bogle did today) I doubt he’ll be up to that and the riggers of the championship.

As for cover isn’t Olsson going to be back soon?

1 minute ago, Remy the hare said:

As I said I hope I’m completely wrong, but with the amount of running the full backs have to do in frank’s system (like Malone and Bogle did today) I doubt he’ll be up to that and the riggers of the championship.

....and how long will it take Olsson to get match fit? Probably longer than it would for Cole.

3 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

....and how long will it take Olsson to get match fit? Probably longer than it would for Cole.

I expect if you go through the 25 pages of this thread some have changed there tune as it becomes more reality.  

Fine I’m in the minority. I will keep my mouth shut. 

Imagine how much benefit to the likes of Bogle and Tyreese Wilson it will be having Ashley Cole around to learn from, just to train alongside a winner (as well as being trained by a winner). Ashley Cole may help Bogle grow into a real player.

Even if only we get the odd cameo from him to shore up the defense, the benefit of having him around the place is worth the wage alone.

30 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

Olsson will be back in March and then he gets injured in March so I don’t think we can rely on him. He then comes back next February and then the cycle begins again. 

26 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

I expect if you go through the 25 pages of this thread some have changed there tune as it becomes more reality.  

Fine I’m in the minority. I will keep my mouth shut. 

When this thread started we had a back-up option in Max Lowe and now we don't, other than Wisdom who is not a natural LB so hardly surprising some have changed their stance. Being in a minority can be fun so keep posting 

20 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Taribo West was the best player on the pitch when he played for us and the suggestion now is that he was 38 at the time. If you're good enough, you're young enough! 

Awesome bloje - fit as s fiddle

ex AC Milan 

Brilliant athlete 

Archived