Ashley Cole is a Ram

Carl Sagan

14 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Imagine how much benefit to the likes of Bogle and Tyreese Wilson it will be having Ashley Cole around to learn from, just to train alongside a winner (as well as being trained by a winner). Ashley Cole may help Bogle grow into a real player.

Even if only we get the odd cameo from him to shore up the defense, the benefit of having him around the place is worth the wage alone.

My thoughts exactly mate. Surely he can help our defenders with positioning and reading and have an influence on game management for the rest of the squad. 

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

My thoughts exactly mate. Surely he can help our defenders with positioning and reading and have an influence on game management for the rest of the squad. 

Bit late to help with Reading. ?

He’s the perfect player to bring on for the last 10 mins when shutting the game out, don’t think it would be a bad thing if he started some of the tough away games sometimes. His experience and leadership will help the back line and youngsters like Bogle, would make a good defensive coach too

5 hours ago, RamNut said:

No sign of him in the director's box from where i was.

3 hours ago, rammieib said:

Pity - that would have showed a good intent of him wanting to join us.

Do all players who are about to sign for us sit in the director's box? (Serious question)

4 hours ago, Edtheram said:

He’s the perfect player to bring on for the last 10 mins when shutting the game out, don’t think it would be a bad thing if he started some of the tough away games sometimes. His experience and leadership will help the back line and youngsters like Bogle, would make a good defensive coach too

We need some one capable of shutting the doors for 90 mins the way we leak goals at times☺ be good to have some one capable of not putting it in their own net now and again?

Radio Derby were infuriating talking about this on Saturday. Insisting he absolutely will be playing every single game.

He's a rotation option at best, and is most likely here so he can move into a coaching role after the season. I'd be shocked if he wasn't.

They simply couldn't comprehend this as an option.

7 minutes ago, Srg said:

Radio Derby were infuriating talking about this on Saturday. Insisting he absolutely will be playing every single game.

He's a rotation option at best, and is most likely here so he can move into a coaching role after the season. I'd be shocked if he wasn't.

They simply couldn't comprehend this as an option.

Hear all the talk about coaching but is he any good at that?  I want somebody committed to the club and the role doing that job.  I think he is a good playing option for the rest of the season but not convinced about him as a coach

1 minute ago, Spanish said:

Hear all the talk about coaching but is he any good at that?  I want somebody committed to the club and the role doing that job.  I think he is a good playing option for the rest of the season but not convinced about him as a coach

Who knows on that front, but he's said before that's what he wants to do and you have to trust Lampard on that decision. Guess we could have said the same about Lampard when we appointed him.

3 minutes ago, Srg said:

Who knows on that front, but he's said before that's what he wants to do and you have to trust Lampard on that decision. Guess we could have said the same about Lampard when we appointed him.

maybe I'm wrong but I have a hunch that Ashley may find a full time commitment to the Derby area a little constricting

2 minutes ago, Spanish said:

maybe I'm wrong but I have a hunch that Ashley may find a full time commitment to the Derby area a little constricting

Just buy a massive house towards Manc. No issues. Easy commute at the time they'll be driving.

19 minutes ago, Srg said:

And Given

Archived