Match Thread V Chelsea (A)

Millenniumram

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

I'm surprised that the most important and contentious issue isn't being discussed.

Will Frank stick with his usual midweek "business casual" trackie, or will he want to be sharply suited for the cameras?....?

On such matters do results and prospects hinge......?

Might go for double denim a la Shaking Stevens.

15 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

We’re running on empty and it will probably show, but it’s a free hit and we’ll move on and Frank will change it up for the weekend.

Funnily we used to win things with much smaller squads. How about when we have regular matches we don't train as much?!

2 hours ago, KCG said:

Funnily we used to win things with much smaller squads. How about when we have regular matches we don't train as much?!

I'd be fascinated to see the stats the coaching staff see both on distance run but also sprints during the games. From the off they've talked about "intensity" and it seems to me we're playing in a style that requires the players to work much harder than ever before. 

Of course training will be tailored to the match schedule, but I think it's tough when we're continually playing twice a week. We used smaller squads in the past, but players weren't elite athletes back then. And Frank seems to have settled on consistent selection instead of rotating the squad. 

Lampard on Mount and Tomori - “I know that they would have been devastated if they weren’t allowed to play. It’s a great opportunity for them to prove themselves.” That's those two a sure thing in the line-up then, not surprising really. 

55 minutes ago, MK said:

Lampard on Mount and Tomori - “I know that they would have been devastated if they weren’t allowed to play. It’s a great opportunity for them to prove themselves.” That's those two a sure thing in the line-up then, not surprising really. 

Absolutely right ,it's fair play to say rest players ,but the players that played against West Brom and Boro who be gutted not to have the chance against Chelsea .That's why they are professionals to play against the best they can .

Let’s see, on paper we have no chance even if they resisted their first team, however who knows? 

I expected a loss at Man Utd and we went through but expect Wednesday night to be harder and expect a bit of realism to kick in, so it will be a home win for me but we will see COYRs 

9 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Hey I think you chelsea fans are im for a nasty shock as derby heading there full confordance and with over 4k in full voice I think you will find yourselfs knocked out by derby just like man utd were who took us lately.

Optimists do my nut in.

10 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Wonder if Frank joins in with the Rams fans when we start singing "You've only come to see the Derby".............

244we47.jpg

29biw0.jpg

eqo5c8.jpg

Who in there right mind would wear a half and half scarf, as a football fan, you can only support one team, I would not even wear one for a bet, hope I do not see any Derby fans, in the away end with a half and half scarf on.

Archived