Match Thread V Chelsea (A)

Millenniumram

Alright lads, looking forward to a hopefully great game.  I think we'll have too much quality for you at the end of the day but hopefully it's a fun day out for Derby and Tomori and Mount can showcase their talents in front of the Bridge faithful. Don't expect Derby to see much of the ball so it could get frustrating for y'all but it depends what kind of lineup Sarri rolls out.

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SuperFrankieL said:

Alright lads, looking forward to a hopefully great game.  I think we'll have too much quality for you at the end of the day but hopefully it's a fun day out for Derby and Tomori and Mount can showcase their talents in front of the Bridge faithful. Don't expect Derby to see much of the ball so it could get frustrating for y'all but it depends what kind of lineup Sarri rolls out.

Do Chelsea take this cup seriously?

ill be watching on sky with my Chelsea mate, who did have the idea of getting tickets but then suddenly realised he couldn’t be arsed   ?

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

Do Chelsea take this cup seriously?

ill be watching on sky with my Chelsea mate, who did have the idea of getting tickets but then suddenly realised he couldn’t be arsed   ?

We don't really but Sarri has some really weird ideas for rotation and we also have a really deep squad this season. Can easily see Kovacic, Pedro, Giroud, Loftus Cheek, Fabregas, all starting. The backline is pretty decent too with Cahill and Christensen stepping in mostly. The only question is whether Sarri dares to start Hudson-Odoi or not.

1 hour ago, SuperFrankieL said:

We don't really but Sarri has some really weird ideas for rotation and we also have a really deep squad this season. Can easily see Kovacic, Pedro, Giroud, Loftus Cheek, Fabregas, all starting. The backline is pretty decent too with Cahill and Christensen stepping in mostly. The only question is whether Sarri dares to start Hudson-Odoi or not.

Hmm some decent players in there to be fair although I'd hope that if giroud and fabregas are selected down the spine we won't have to worry about being outpaced lol.

Looking forward to seeing the game even if I'm expecting nothing more than glorious failure. Sarri comes across well when he speaks so it'll be interesting to see what he makes of your 4th priority competition. 

Does he put Hazard on the bench as insurance just in case?

1 hour ago, SuperFrankieL said:

Yep, this might be a big ask for us not expecting too much just hope we play as we can .Please spread the work how highly we regard the Chelsea decision to let us play your loanees top class that.

If by some miracle we bring you back to our place can you leave the seats behind this time thanks .[You have to be old to appreciate that joke] 

2 hours ago, SuperFrankieL said:

If you haven't seen us this year we actually see quite a lot of the ball. Ok playing a top team in the world as Chelsea are I would expect us to have less this time round- however we wont be like burnley and have 20% possession.

It is a free hit for us to be honest so we have all to gain nothing to lose. I am sure it will be a frank loving fest Wednesday night!

2 hours ago, SuperFrankieL said:

Hey I think you chelsea fans are im for a nasty shock as derby heading there full confordance and with over 4k in full voice I think you will find yourselfs knocked out by derby just like man utd were who took us lately.

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Hey I think you chelsea fans are im for a nasty shock as derby heading there full confordance and with over 4k in full voice I think you will find yourselfs knocked out by derby just like man utd were who took us lately.

It's definitely possible and I won't write it off but I think a lot of the Chelsea squad players have points to prove and will be looking to take the chances they're handed like Barkley and Loftus-Cheek. 

2 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Hmm some decent players in there to be fair although I'd hope that if giroud and fabregas are selected down the spine we won't have to worry about being outpaced lol.

Looking forward to seeing the game even if I'm expecting nothing more than glorious failure. Sarri comes across well when he speaks so it'll be interesting to see what he makes of your 4th priority competition. 

Does he put Hazard on the bench as insurance just in case?

Yeah, not much pace and it depends on whether Willian starts or is rested. Giroud will post a completely different kind of challenge to Tomori and Keogh though, his hold up and link up play is top quality and he's a menace in the air. Hazard's actually injured and wasn't even in the squad against Burnley but maybe he'll sit on the bench for this one... 

1 hour ago, Simsy said:

If you haven't seen us this year we actually see quite a lot of the ball. Ok playing a top team in the world as Chelsea are I would expect us to have less this time round- however we wont be like burnley and have 20% possession.

It is a free hit for us to be honest so we have all to gain nothing to lose. I am sure it will be a frank loving fest Wednesday night!

I know Derby play progressive and I've watched every match this season but I've also watched every Chelsea match this season and we have some obsession with starving the opposition of the ball and taking our time in possession. We're averaging around 60-65 percent possession in the prem but I'll say that our rotation eleven haven't looked as comfortable as our first team so there are definitely aspects of the game Derby could try to leverage. I think the best shot for Derby will be to hit on the break with the quick forward players.

I don't think we'll get away with Carson or a defender passing it straight to their player creating a 2 on 1. Whilst we've been great in last 3 matches, and are deliberately trying to get the oppo to press by playing at the back, we need to be a bit more careful. We've got away with some clangers and the last week could have been different.

I finish work 2000 all being well, should be home for 2030. I’ll record the game anyway, looking forward to the chants for our manager from four sides of The Bridge. It’ll be surreal atmosphere I’m sure. Cameras will be on Frankie as much as the game I bet, wow this is going to be amazing! So intriguing. Held in such high esteem by all the fans. Hope Jody gets similar reception, I’m sure he will. What a time to be a Ram. I’m absolutely buzzing without assuming we’ll get promoted. Best I’ve felt since the heady days of Jimmy Smith. SSA! 

58 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Nothing better than B4 on a Monday morning

Archived