V WBA (A) Match Thread

Millenniumram

27 minutes ago, Pottig said:

Was stood in the away end and didn't realise just how far out Wilson was for his goal. What a cracker!

Love you Derby ❤️

Ditto , my mate text me and said what a goal , I thought yeah it was a decent hit but nothing special , after seeing it again how wrong was I .

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Duracell said:

I’ve not seen Bobby Davison, too young, me. Guess he played a bit like Jack Marriott?

We could go on. I’ve got all night. It’s half-term.

I have work but the wife gets half term off as she's a dinner lady so I might get her to abuse you ?

5 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

I have work but the wife gets half term off as she's a dinner lady so I might get her to abuse you ?

Okay, makes sense for her to cover you. While you’re at it can you ask her if there is a Derby player from the past that springs to mind when she watches Jack Marriott?

6 hours ago, SKRam said:

We can murder Boro playing like that! 

I beg to differ, wasn't there in person but watched it on Kodi from my hotel room abroad. Indeed, I agree totally with Frank's assessment - best result of the season but not the best performance. WBA could have easily scored three more in the second half, had they had the rub of the green like we did we could have been in for a goal fest.

Look, I'm not saying we didn't deserve the win and I'm not saying we shouldn't be happy but some of the passing, particularly in the second half, was very sloppy. Hudds in particular gave the ball away far too many times, Mount was also guilty on more than one occassion. If we do that against Boro I see us getting punished.

Quote of the night for me, from the French tv commentator on the Kodi stream I was watching - "C'est Malone, une enorme performance aujourd'hui'. Still like Foz, still prefer Foz but hats off to Scott - he sure did what he intended to do.

I thought it was a brilliant performance. We shafted them.

Remember......they'd scored 19 in the previous 5 home matches.

it was only after the substitutions that we faded slightly.

We should go to middlesboro full of confidence....their last three home games:

0-0 v swansea

0-2 v forest

0-0 v rotherham.

Hard to pick MoM, Malone and Huddlestone were both excellent. Maybe Malone as he kept Phillips in his pocket and after he was substituted, managed to finish the move he started with a great interception. Best individual performance of the game for me.

Malone's run was also the reason why Lawrence got his shooting foot as free as he did... Not bad, not bad at all.

Bit surprised by Darren Moore’s comments, I didn’t see it as an even contest or that we only won because we took are chances and they didn’t take theirs . I thought we were the better team and could have scored more. Re the penalty shout ( apparently they had 2?) I thought that Gayle tripped hisself up but it is difficult to say or even if it was in the box so who knows. I think the Baggies fans are more honest in their take on the game, not sure why they are so down , they still have a good team with perhaps the best strikers.

thought we might struggle but so glad we won

our fans were amazing 

Archived