V WBA (A) Match Thread

Millenniumram

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Fair point... so, we hardly ever beat Boro.

Frank seemed a bit subdued there.  I agree with everything he said though. Great performance nevertheless.  Such a breath of fresh air.

Ah! A quote from HMS Pinafore!

What! Never?

Well, hardly ever!......

So give three cheers and one cheer more

For the Derby team who beat West Brom 1-4!

??

Another thing I think needs mentioning more on is Huddlestone tonight. Thoroughly deserved mom and I think Lampard has played a blinder with him really. All my guesswork of course, but after initially being confused about why he wasn’t playing early in the season I’ve now come to the conclusion that it may well have been purely to get him completely drilled in the new style of play in training. Let the battling Bradley hold fort while Huddlestone switches play from the looping ball ingrained on him by Rowett back to the proper threaded passes we saw tonight. Perhaps he thought he was ready against Rotherham after the first international break but he then clearly needed until the next one before properly being up to speed.

And boy has he made an extra dimension to our play on his return this time. He was playing the sort of quick threaded passes not seen since prime GT tonight... the 2nd goal being a prime example. The improvement he could bring to our transitional play is immeasurable, the way we turned defence to attack today was unreal and that in part was down to his role. Clearly he’s still adapting and lost the ball a couple of times, but a fully firing hudd in this team could be a game changer

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

Blimey! What a brilliant night. Hope it looked as exciting on the telly as it did at the ground.

We could have had a shed load and maybe so could they.

Defending? It's very over-rated! COYR.  

Feel sorry for you that you missed that one tonight.

Fantastic result & fantastic performance. Pressed them all night & were clinical on the counter attack. Defended well generally & loved Tomori's fury when we did eventually concede.

Another excellent display from Huddlestone too - we look much improved with him sat in front of the back 4. He complements the pace, verve & energy of the young lads buzzing around ahead of him. The missing piece in the jigsaw.

I'd have been delighted with 6 points out of Sheff U, West Brom & Boro so Saturday is a free hit as far as I'm concerned. It'll be an interesting watch too as Sheff Utd & West Brom are very open - Boro are most certainly not & bear more resemblance in style to the lowly teams we've struggled against away from home.

I thought we were more dangerous tonight when their back 4 had the ball, we were forcing them into mistakes and pouncing on them and then loading players forward.

The teams we have struggled against have let us have lots of possession and then countered us fastly whilst we haven’t been able to break them down.. 

They played into our hands tonight and Lampard got it absolutely spot on. 

GET IN!

55 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Do not anyone dare be negative after letting a goal in against West Brom

Weve gone to England’s top scoring team this season and are beating them 4-1 FFS

20 in their last five home games.

Tomoris reaction was nice to see, shows they wanted it badly.

Agree with Frank though, you stepped off for the last fifteen which is pretty natural but something to work on.

Ruthless teams win leagues.

Frank wanted more and that’s only a good sign

what he’s done going from such a old negative side and turning them into such a young attacking fearless side is unbelievable

Thats all the coaching side aswell Jody Chris Jones Given the rest 

Mel was in the stands I’m sure he’s very pleased of his choice 

Archived