V WBA (A) Match Thread

Millenniumram

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

from the Times, at least the bit that can be read without paying for it ...

Any hopes of an under-the-radar promotion challenge vanished in style for Frank Lampard on a scintillating evening at The Hawthorns, not that the Derby County manager was ready to admit his satisfaction.

As if appointing a Premier League legend as manager was not enough to draw attention to a young Derby team, a brutal, televised demolition of the Sky Bet Championship promotion favourites on their own patch put paid to any prospect of a low-key charge towards the Premier League.

15 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Bit surprised by Darren Moore’s comments, I didn’t see it as an even contest or that we only won because we took are chances and they didn’t take theirs . I thought we were the better team and could have scored more. Re the penalty shout ( apparently they had 2?) I thought that Gayle tripped hisself up but it is difficult to say or even if it was in the box so who knows. I think the Baggies fans are more honest in their take on the game, not sure why they are so down , they still have a good team with perhaps the best strikers.

thought we might struggle but so glad we won

our fans were amazing 

The Gayle incident was technically a foul if rather innocuous, but I think the ref took the view the player had overhit the ball and would not have got there before Carson.

There's no doubt Gayle made more of it once he saw Carson was getting there first.

A great night. I'm still hoarse now. The atmosphere was brilliant - pure joy on and off the pitch. Had some great laughs with "Bring on the boiler" (one of their mascots is, literally, a boiler with legs) "Football in a library" and especially "We're Derby County, we're taking the p***". 

1 hour ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Just to add to that, those 20 shots from 10 different players. 

I'd make it Keogh, Foz, Waghorn that didn't have an attempt? 

12 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Foz, Waghorn and Carson.

IMG_20181025_132929.jpg

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

The Gayle incident was technically a foul if rather innocuous, but I think the ref took the view the player had overhit the ball and would not have got there before Carson.

There's no doubt Gayle made more of it once he saw Carson was getting there first.

Since when was tripping over your own feet a foul?

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

IMO the reason the referee did not give it was Gayles foot moved towards Malone, so Malone was not the player who made contact as such.  It looked like a very good decision to me by the referee.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Some comments before the game about our poor following for last night so I thought this was interesting. 

Seems we are struggling less than some! 

Wednesday in London Town and Villa at Norwich are decent followings, the rest, meh. Sky's red button taking it's toll midweek. 

Still think ours was poor, it's only down the road. 

Archived