V WBA (A) Match Thread

Millenniumram

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a win. A real statement! Not perfect by any means, think we’ve played better this season. Teams will fear us after tonight, but teams will also think they can get at us. 

Huddlestone immense, Wilson Lawrence Marriott Waghorn also excellent. Keogh rode his luck at times and Bogle I thought struggled tonight. 

Looks extremely promising but we’re definitely still in transition. However we have as good a chance as anybody! 

I mentioned on Saturday that we were still waiting for a statement making performance in the league from Frank and the boys.

And lo and behold, in the next game, we win 4-1 away from home against a top six team who had previously won five on the spin at home.

What shall we ask for next, guys?

Free flannel shirts so we can all have that Harry Wilson swagger?

?

1 minute ago, Jourdan said:

I mentioned on Saturday that we were still waiting for a statement making performance in the league from Frank and the boys.

And lo and behold, in the next game, we win 4-1 away from home against a top six team who had previously won five on the spin at home.

What shall we ask for next, guys?

Free flannel shirts so we can all have that Harry Wilson swagger?

?

I'd like hair and a snog off Salma Hayek if that's OK?

It was some game to watch as a Derby fan. It wasn't and isn't the finished product, but we're increasing the amount of right decisions we're making, which you have to credit the coaching staff for implementing. 

The first 10 minutes, we kept playing it out from the back despite the high tempo pressing from WBA. In my head, I was thinking it was going to accumulate in us shooting ourselves in the foot. We decided to carry on with it regardless. What it did was encourage WBA's forward thinking players into a high amount of sprints early on. In the last 20 minutes of the first half they were nowhere near as energetic and wasn't for the remainder of the game. In terms of risk v reward, it certainly paid off today. 

We're a team very much in transition, we've certainly moved away from Gary's ideology and now we're looking as competent at getting results. However, it's no time for the management team to pat themselves on the back. It isn't near the finished product and we need to keep improving. We've seen off the best attacking team in the division away from home, now it's time to see off the best defensive team away from home. It takes a very different mindset. 

As for player ratings:
Carson - 8

Bogle - 7
Keogh - 7
Tomori - 8
Malone - 8

Huddlestone - 9
Wilson - 7
Mount - 7

Waghorn - 7
Marriott - 7
Lawrence - 8

10 minutes ago, froggg said:

“We’ve not played everyone yet but Derby are one of the best” Darren Moore. (He hates Florist)

The local radio WM (West Midlands) commentator said during the match:-

"Derby are to be congratulated on playing exactly the right tactics tonight."

Which I thought was a sporting and intelligent observation.

Before the match Central News said.

"Whatever the result at the Hawthorns tonight we're in for a cracking match!"

Reckon he was right too!

The quality of the finishing is frightening. How cleanly the players are striking the ball makes us a threat to anyone. Teams will be worried about giving us chances and will try and make it as difficult as possible for us. Not many teams will try and take us on toe to toe after this.

We should line up across the half way line and chant "come and have a go if you think you're hard enough"....?

Just got back and wow, what a fantastic night, this is what being a Ran is all about.

Not read much on here as had no phone but everyone must be ecstatic. For sure had a little bit of luck but we made plenty of our own.

Clinical, Ruthless and maybe we went to sleep a bit at the end but above all we were dominant to a man.

Hang your head, the Lawrence, Marriott and even Waghorn knockers, this team looks awesome at times; bit more consistency and we have nothing and nobody to fear in this league.

Feel like the Leeds fans must have back in August and absolutely buzzing. Can’t wait for Boro now. C.O.Y.R

9 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Anyone else have any strange names for their penis?

Baz

as in...."baz! For missing the target from there, you want bloody shooting"

Archived