18/19 January Transfer Suggestion Thread

muzzamurray

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

What’s Andreas pereira up to these days? Seems to be exiled from united. And also what’s going on with winston Reid. Good experienced centre half and a very meaty man to win the headers 

Reid has a knee injury 

On 28/12/2018 at 23:21, plymouthram said:

How about Jayden Stockley from Exeter City, this striker has scored 35 goals in 68 games and is 25 yrs old. Or 23yr old Lawrence Shankland from Ayr United. The 6ft+ striker so far this season got 18 goals in16 matches, scored 26 in 30 matches last season and is being chased by Celtic and Sunderland. We could swop him with Anya.

Buying strikers from lower league clubs never works , who’d ever be so daft ?

On 28/12/2018 at 23:21, plymouthram said:

How about Jayden Stockley from Exeter City, this striker has scored 35 goals in 68 games and is 25 yrs old. Or 23yr old Lawrence Shankland from Ayr United. The 6ft+ striker so far this season got 18 goals in16 matches, scored 26 in 30 matches last season and is being chased by Celtic and Sunderland. We could swop him with Anya.

Was going to suggest Stockley..... according to Nixon.£750,000 release clause....Shankland they have turned down a 200,000 bid from a championship club

9 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Was going to suggest Stockley..... according to Nixon.£750,000 release clause....Shankland they have turned down a 200,000 bid from a championship club

Don’t think Stockley would be a good fit for Lampards style of play. He is a slower version of Chrissy Martin. I have seen him play around 40 times, and I think Tisdale at MK Dons might be interested. I have also watched Ampadu and Watkins a lot over the years and they would both be excellent signings.

Ampadu would be superb in midfield and can play equally comfortably at the back so he is the ideal signing as it covers two areas where we need to improve. 

For me we need a physical midfielder: brysons energy, Johnson's physicality but with the ability to control the game.

I'm thinking about how Grealish and Cairney dominated the ball for their teams last season 

Kevin MacDonald?

Stefan Johansen?

Henri Lansbury? 

Will Hughes? 

37 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Don’t think Stockley would be a good fit for Lampards style of play. He is a slower version of Chrissy Martin. I have seen him play around 40 times, and I think Tisdale at MK Dons might be interested. I have also watched Ampadu and Watkins a lot over the years and they would both be excellent signings.

He would give the something different we have not got up front...but if he is slower than Chrissy then he must be virtually stationery.

2 hours ago, thekingofbuxton said:

Ampadu would be superb in midfield and can play equally comfortably at the back so he is the ideal signing as it covers two areas where we need to improve. 

For me we need a physical midfielder: brysons energy, Johnson's physicality but with the ability to control the game.

I'm thinking about how Grealish and Cairney dominated the ball for their teams last season 

Kevin MacDonald?

Stefan Johansen?

Henri Lansbury? 

Will Hughes? 

Hughes played for Watford yesterday so just can't see this happening. 

4 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

Don’t think Stockley would be a good fit for Lampards style of play. He is a slower version of Chrissy Martin. I have seen him play around 40 times, and I think Tisdale at MK Dons might be interested.

Whats your opinion of Jayden? 

I watched him at Aberdeen and he was good 1 game in 5. 

He scored a screamer at Firhill but the refs in Scotland had his card marked for flaying elbows. 

We bit Exeter's hand off at £100k and I dont think there was a sell on clause. Its been a surprise to see him doing so well down there. Hard working honest pro. 

22 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Whats your opinion of Jayden? 

I watched him at Aberdeen and he was good 1 game in 5. 

He scored a screamer at Firhill but the refs in Scotland had his card marked for flaying elbows. 

We bit Exeter's hand off at £100k and I dont think there was a sell on clause. Its been a surprise to see him doing so well down there. Hard working honest pro. 

Can’t see him being good enough for the Championship. Is very effective in League 2, holds in up well and is a good finisher. Reminds me physically of Freddie Flintoff and I would say we would be better signing the cricket version ?

5 hours ago, Carnero said:

What positions have you seen Ampadu play and which position did he most suit?

Tisdale played him at centre back and CDM. I think he only played 6 or 7 games for the first team, but you could see he reads the game well , good positional sense, pace and can pass and shoot. 

10 hours ago, Key clubber said:

Buying strikers from lower league clubs never works , who’d ever be so daft ?

The Rams over the years have signed lots of strikers from a team in a lower division than them. Jack Marriott 7 league goals in 19 apps is a current one. Dean Saunders from Oxford utd 42 goals in 106 apps,  Malcom Christie from Nuneaton 30 goals in 116 apps, Roger Davies from Worcester 34 goals in 136 apps, Deon Burton from Portsmouth 25 goals in125 apps,  Alan Biley from Cambridge19 goals in 47 apps, Bobby Davidson from Halifax 91 goals in 216 apps, Kevin Hector from Bradford Park Ave 155 goals in 486 apps and last but not least Stevie Bloomer from Derby Midland F.C. 291 goals in 473 apps. These Stats are League matches only before any clever clogs states any of these super signings scored more.

Archived