18/19 January Transfer Suggestion Thread

muzzamurray

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Whoneedshuls said:

Chelsea signing another winger leaving way for Odoi could we go in or too expensive could do with another winger..

You mean Hudson-Odoi? The one Bayern Munich just had a £20m bid turned down for? 

If we were limited to 2 signings I would go for Bannan (Sheff W) and Grosicki (Hull) - both around the 30 mark but regular starters with experience to go with the younger squad we now have. Stretching to a third signing it would be a CB but no one immediately comes to mind for that role ( but in the 23-26 age group).

What we need is a midfield general a la Franlk Lampard himself to dominate games from the middle of the park. A real leader with skill, an engine and the ability to pick a pass quickly.

Who that man is I don't know. I'd make a cheeky request of Chelsea to get Danny Drinkwater on loan, but that's not going to happen.

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

A bit of aggressiveness, bite and energy in the middle of the park should be top of this month's shopping list. Along with perhaps a centre-half on loan, and maybe another body in the forward areas.

Screenshot_20190102-131043_Google.thumb.jpg.6a37054f473c79f2f4eb6d3368a2eeea.jpg

Save your money mel!

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Chris Mepham (Brentford) is someone I'd like us to sign in either of the next two windows - solid defensively and comfortable on the ball.

They were quoting £15m+ for him in the summer so highly doubt we'd splash that much unless their valuation has severely dropped

Archived