18/19 January Transfer Suggestion Thread

muzzamurray

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Ramleicester said:

FL comments after the Middlesborough game seem to indicate a quiet Jan. Looks like players out first before any in, he mentions previously having to lose Vydra before taking anyone new and that this window will be the same.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/frank-lampard-january-transfer-window-2381212

I see us probably signing 1 maybe 2 loans and would think it’ll be likely to be close towards the end of jan when premier league sides have sorted squads out etc, we really could do with getting rid of Butterfield, Anya, Thorne. 

3 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

What we need is a midfield general a la Franlk Lampard himself to dominate games from the middle of the park. A real leader with skill, an engine and the ability to pick a pass quickly.

Who that man is I don't know. I'd make a cheeky request of Chelsea to get Danny Drinkwater on loan, but that's not going to happen.

Nothing wrong with asking, whilst doing that ask about Cahill and it’s up to the players if they fancy it and Chelski want to finance most of it - we will never have a better opportunity than with lampard 

3 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

How about Robert Huth on a short term for the remainder of the season. Big commanding centre back who can defend and score goals . The bonus is that if it doesn’t work he will be gone in a few months. If it works good for all 

Not for me, missed the whole of last season through injury. I'd be amazed if it wouldn't take him 2-3 months to get fully fit.

19 hours ago, Parsnip said:

I wonder how much Bradley Dack at Blackburn would cost? 

Like him a lot. He's like a midfield equivalent of the Stud. Lot's of skill and even more endeavour. Think he might be silly money in the Jan window though as Blackburn really won't want to lose him midway through the season unless it's too good a price to turn down.

36 minutes ago, thekingofbuxton said:

I'd cash in on any of the following in this window if it meant a better chance of promotion

Johnson

Bryson

Thorne

Butterfield

Anya

Pearce

Ledley

"Cash in" ??

Good luck with that!!

As for meaning a better chance of promotion, I'd guess we'd accept any cash offer for any of these regardless.

40 minutes ago, thekingofbuxton said:

I'd cash in on any of the following in this window if it meant a better chance of promotion

Johnson

Bryson

Thorne

Butterfield

Anya

Pearce

Ledley

Most of the above will be available on a free at the end of the season as their contracts expire.Why would they want to go now unless the club acquiring their services can match or exceed their wages?

4 hours ago, thekingofbuxton said:

Johnson

Bryson

Thorne

Butterfield

Anya

Pearce

Ledley

We can’t give em away never mind sell. All on good money here, far better than their ability could command elsewhere. I doubt we will do much more than a loan or two this window. Should have more leeway in the summer, once most of those have gone 

Darragh MaCanthony on Twitter put that they were interested in a derby cb on loan but his wage demands were too high then he said that there hasn’t been any contact with Derby about anything and put on the end “I think?

5 hours ago, thekingofbuxton said:

Johnson

Bryson

Thorne

Butterfield

Anya

Pearce

Ledley

The main one we would use is Bryson then when desperate Pearce - the rest and anything offered is a bonus if they would leave 

6 hours ago, thekingofbuxton said:

Johnson

Bryson

Thorne

Butterfield

Anya

Pearce

Ledley

Johnson’s the only one that offers anything different out of that lot.

at least he provides some steel in the midfield. 

I’d bet rid of them all though if I had the chance and save around £150k a week

Out of that list kingofbuxton drawn up, all but Anya and Thorne are out of contract in 6 months time. Which would suggest, the best bet would be loaned out, then at the end of June they would become free agents. So if the club wanted them off the books it would be a fire sale due to their short contracts. Our best bet is selling them cheap to lowly placed championship sides or lower leagues. But any club with sense would take them on loan and get them for free in the summer.

Archived