18/19 January Transfer Suggestion Thread

muzzamurray

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Vulcanboy said:

Sam Winnall......., I think he'd be a good alternative to what we've got at the moment, excellent back up & he obviously enjoyed his time here. 

Strangely was thinking that myself .  Certainly a different option in terms of physicality against the Hanley's and Flint's with a 1 in 3 strike rate at this level  Not sure if he'd be up to speed fitness wise though as he had the knee injury.

On ‎30‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 13:39, DCFC1388 said:

Id be tempted with a 6month loan of Rudy Gestede. Always a handful, out of favour at Boro & would give us a different type of option from the bench

But he only scores twice a millennium .  What about the fella who played for Bolton then went to Cardiff . Can't remember his name which is a good start but he seemed pretty unbeatable in the air and could hold it up Kuqi style.

48 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

But he only scores twice a millennium .  What about the fella who played for Bolton then went to Cardiff . Can't remember his name which is a good start but he seemed pretty unbeatable in the air and could hold it up Kuqi style.

Gary Madine? No thanks. 

26 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

How about Shane Long . Not much game time at Southampton.  Works his nuts off and exceptional in the air which we could do with at corners .  Also good at creating space for others .  Him and Marriott would be a nightmare for central defenders.

Doesn't score goals unfortunately....

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Doesn't score goals unfortunately....

He did score a lot for Reading - was 5 years ago though. But i'm thinking he would be a great foil for Marriott as he pulls defenders out wide .  He also wins a lot of free kicks and penalties  which would be ideal for Wilson . 

....That's it I've decided we need Long .  Where's my agent's fee for brokering the deal and getting us promoted .   When was the last time we actually had a penalty - our team is too honest .

Many of the early transfer rumours feature players who are out of contract in the summer: e.g. Will vaulks, tyler blackett, yoann barbet,  jonas knudsen, etc.

Other players whose contract are due to expire include:

todd cantwell, lloyd kelly, dan james, paul smyth, callum o'dowda, alan browne, nick powell, josh vela, josh mceachran, jordan archer, bailey wright, aiden o'brien, jed steer......

there are a few in that list i would be tempted to go for.

we have potential out-going deals for many players whose contracts expire in the summer e.g. Huddlestone, nugent, pearce, butterfield, johnson, ledley, roos, bryson, (olsson).

we could afford to release all nine and still have a reasonable squad:

carson, mitchell, bogle, wisdom, malone, lowe, keogh, tomori, evans, thorne, mount, wilson, bird, holmes, lawrence, jozefzoon, waghorn, anya, marriott, (forsyth), (davies), plus thomas, elsnik and gordon out on loan (potential recalls).

A striker looks like the top priority. 

6 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

How about Shane Long . Not much game time at Southampton.  Works his nuts off and exceptional in the air which we could do with at corners .  Also good at creating space for others .  Him and Marriott would be a nightmare for central defenders.

Don't think the fans could take another Nugent!

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

we could afford to release all nine and still have a reasonable squad:

carson, mitchell, bogle, wisdom, malone, lowe, keogh, tomori, evans, thorne, mount, wilson, bird, holmes, lawrence, jozefzoon, waghorn, anya, marriott, (forsyth), (davies), plus thomas, elsnik and gordon out on loan (potential recalls).

A striker looks like the top priority. 

Martin.

10 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Headless chicken comes to mind when I watch him play

Archived