V QPR (A) Match Thread

Millenniumram

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I thought Malone did well on Wednesday, a tad surprised about that one.

I'm glad Marriott has a chance though. I really Like Nugent, but we need somebody who can score more goals.

Well someone did have a theory that malone is more suited to home, where we should be more on the front foot, and fozzy is more suited to away games, where we need to sure up the defence. 

Interesting that Malone gets dropped after apparently being man of the match on Wednesday (not that I agreed with that). 

10 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

50/50 with that lineup myself. Glad to see Lampard recognised the lack of quality in our front three last game and has made a serious statement by dropping all of them for poor performances. Not sure it’s quite the right move, but it’s ballsy so good on him. Would have restored Davies myself being the captain etc and because of tomoris aerial weakness, but that’s a tough call so I can see leaving it until after the international break. Right call on Forsyth imo, he offers much more support to Tomori. Midfield did a good job so continue with that. Josefzoon for Bennett is the obvious call with Bennett underperforming, but I’m not sure on Lawrence myself, thought Wilson was the best of an underperforming front three and would have let him get to form, don’t see why Lawrence walks back in.

The only thing I take any real issue tho is why Marriott over Waghorn? Waghorn was our big money signing and brings other players into the game as a proper 9, and got an assist as the sub. Don’t see why he’s so out the picture. Not sure what Marriott offers yet myself other than being a poacher, maybe we’ll see more as he starts but I’m not so sure about that one in terms of our general play.

2 points, Lawrence didn't just 'walk back in', he's been in the bench for the last 2 games. 

Waghorn may have been a big money signing but so might Marriott. Actually agree though that Waghorn has shown much more to date.

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

2 points, Lawrence didn't just 'walk back in', he's been in the bench for the last 2 games. 

Waghorn may have been a big money signing but so might Marriott. Actually agree though that Waghorn has shown much more to date.

Still, what did he show coming off the bench that was better than Wilson?

I realise that, but the point is more that waghorn thus far has offered much more in general play. As I say maybe it will be different when Marriott starts/he’s shown something in training but I can’t see the sense in it from a fans perspective from what we’ve seen so far this season.

34 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Surprised Waghord who played well when he came on out wide in the week, stays on the bench, yet Josefzoon comes straight into the tam having not even been on the bench. Pleased to see FloJo back in the fold, but just a bit puzzled by the thinking behind the selections.

It’s logic @Carl Sagan, but not as we know it. Beam me up Scott{y} Malone. ?

14 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I thought Malone did well on Wednesday, a tad surprised about that one.

I'm glad Marriott has a chance though. I really Like Nugent, but we need somebody who can score more goals.

Squad rotation not a bad thing. Ditto horses for courses in terms of who we are playing against.

But can’t help thinking the players might become a bit demoralized about some of the decisions. Malone gets MotM and then replaced by Fozzy..? Zoom not in squad at all then back in.

Rather lost regarding the thinking Re Waggy to be honest- seems a perfect game for him to start. Frank obviously not completely sold on him- yet ..,

Anyway, hopefully Frank knows best....

COYR

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

Bit wet and windy on the way down here, but we are all in good spirits.  

Good to see the front line freshened up, a bit of a lottery which combination will work best but at least we're trying another one. 

COYR! 

2018-10-06 14.37.02.jpg

I’m frozen and wet through. I hope they give me something to jump up and down about.

6 minutes ago, angieram said:

Bit wet and windy on the way down here, but we are all in good spirits.  

Good to see the front line freshened up, a bit of a lottery which combination will work best but at least we're trying another one. 

COYR! 

2018-10-06 14.37.02.jpg

I will trump that. 

E1178C43-7C2F-412A-A57E-84F44F4B185B.jpeg

Completely missed the lineup announcement playing Forza.

Absolutely love that team. Hope Marriott can really find his groove now.

Archived