V QPR (A) Match Thread

Millenniumram

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

I’d get him straight back in, for all of Tomoris fantastic play on the ground, and he really is a good player, his complete lack of aerial ability is our biggest defensive Achilles heel. Tomori competes at right back for me now on.

Aerial ability is a weakness throughout the team.

BJ is the only player who regularly wins his duels.

Davies and Huddlestone won a lot for us last season.

5 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Should be an entertaining game with two teams of similar playing style I would imagine due to the managers philosophies 

Welcome back curtains.

(although i think you used to be jewelisagem long ago i' glad you haven't gone back to that)

8 hours ago, loweman2 said:

I’m going and looking forward to it, heading into Covent Garden for a few beers beforehand!

Will be in Covent Garden too, the White Lion 'cos it has the better beers ?.

Setting off from home soon - really need to get a faster car ?

COYR

8 hours ago, loweman2 said:

I’m going and looking forward to it, heading into Covent Garden for a few beers beforehand!

What time you thinking of getting there? The White Lion was pretty rammed (see wot I did) with Derby before the Charlton game in 2016.

This is a must win game for me as we must keep in touch with the top 6 particularly as we have games against Boro and West Brom.

Bennett was abject on Wednesday night and should be dropped and replaced by Josefzoon. I would also rest Nugent and give Waghorn as he showed energy and purpose when he came on on Wednesday.

Neither Wilson nor Bogle use the full width of the pitch on the right which I don't understand. They both tend to cut in , which crowds and compresses the play through the middle. Bogle has the pace and fitness of Fredericks who used to play for Fulham. He should take a leaf out of his book when attacking down the right.

Need a win to get the momentum up before the break.......

Carson

Bogle           Tomori            Davies           Malone

Johnson

Bryson                             Mount

Jozefzoon                Marriott                   Waghorn

I suspect the only change will be Lawrence in for Bennett.

Though I want more, and different, changes.

Think QPR will sneak it.

5 minutes ago, maza233 said:

Does anyone know if tickets are available on the gate? Can't get back to Derby in time to pick them up from the ticket office...

I don't know as my mate was asking the same question, I know they were last season but that was an evening game.

Is the print at home option not available from DCFC ??

Really could do with winning this one. Keep us in and around the top 6 going into the international break. A position we'd all probably have taken after the start of the season. 

I wouldnt expect QPR to sit back and defend like Rotherham and Bolton did. McClaren has never played like that so don't see why he would start now. Hopefully this will work in our favour. 

No problems with the back 4 really. I know Davies is back and I'd be tempted to put him in. But Keogh and Tomori haven't really done much wrong. I know the majority of fans would have Davies in for Keogh. I can't see Lampard dropping Keogh. I really can't. Even though I think Davies and Tomori would be a good partnership. My gut feeling would be that Frank would leave Tomori out. 

The front 3 isn't right for me and I don't think it's our strongest combination. I'd be amazed if Nugent and Bennett start this game and I'd question what Frank saw on Wednesday night if they do. 

I've given up trying to predict the line ups now. Well the front 3. Cos on Wednesday I was adamant that Nugent & Bennett wouldn't play. So I'm gonna go for the line up I'd play and then a line up I think Lampard will play. 

My side would be:-

Carson, Bogle, Davies, Tomori, Malone, Johnson, Bryson, Mount, Jozefzoon, Marriott, Waghorn. 

Subs- Roos, Forsyth, Keogh, Huddlestone, Lawrence, Wilson, Nugent

Would love to see that front 3 be given a fair crack. You could argue its our strongest? Maybe Waghorn up top and Wilson out wide. 

What I think Frank will go with:-

Carson, Bogle, Keogh, Tomori, Malone, Johnson, Bryson, Mount, Lawrence, Wilson, Waghorn. 

Subs:- Roos, Forsyth, Davies, Huddlestone, Marriott, Bennett, Nugent.

Don't see how Frank would have Bennett starting ahead of even having Jozefzoon in the squad to dropping him completely. Also think he'll start Lawrence even though is general play is abysmal. Fancies himself too much and should just try and keep things simple. Also if Davies does come back in, he'll drop Tomori.

QPR 1-3 Derby. 

Why do people keep saying he'll drop Tomori if Davies comes in. From what I have seen he is a very gifted young player, who brings a lot of composure to the team. I agree he's looked vulnerable in the air, but with a player like Tomori you make a place available! I would bring Davies back in ASAP, but Tomori has to play as well, because we do not an abundance of players with his class.

Archived