V QPR (A) Match Thread

Millenniumram

11 hours ago, Lambchop said:

I'm in cliché heaven.

Just need a few unforced defensive errors for house. 

We need to win our individual battles and earn the right to play?

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Saity said:

What happened ? I saw someone being led away on far right I was in lower tier to left of goal and didn't notice anything amiss....what i actually really dislike is the fact they only sing the BZ song and and really wanted us to get a winner and would've been great if Keogh had got it as he really took some flack yesterday from them ....QPR ..small club...crap supporters ...crap ground....

I'm not sure what happened exactly. There was ust suddenly a lot of shouting and finger pointing between a few of our fans which looked like boiling over.  I think it was where some were standing and some sitting.

Generally I thought the fans did well considering it was cold, wet and 1970.

9 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Like I said lot of fans like to stand up during away games.

Problem with that is if some stand all have to stand otherwise you spend your time sitting watching the back of someones arse all game. Not really fair on older supporters who for whatever reason can't stand for 90 mins.....and if you are taking a young child who won't be able to see.....

I was annoyed Saturday, I wanted a win and again we couldn't manage it.

However, We have a new manager, new team and new style and were 7th - Look at Villa etc it could be a lot worse. Im quite confident that by December/January we will be playing better and being more consistent.

Hard few games coming up,

Sheff U - W

West Brom - D

Middlesbrough - W

Chelsea - Dont Mind

Birmingham - W

Villa - W

Sheff W - W

Stoke - W

May not happen but this is what we need from these games IMO - Sheff U, WBA and Boro are hard games, really hard games. But with being at home against United i can see us possibly beating them, West Brom away id take a draw. And we can beat Boro press Ayala and we will get chances. Chelsea is a free hit and i dont mind what the result is as long as we play well. The Last 4 games are all winnable. 19 points from 21 would be great what i expect is - 13.......

Im sure the plan for Frank this season was to try his best to try and mold a style of play and team together and try to finish as high as he could do.

BUT!!! when you have a players like Mount, Tomori and Wilson who probably wont be with us next season, surely weve got to give it a go? Who could replace Mount in the side? 

On 07/10/2018 at 07:14, Anag Ram said:

Keogh should be fined £100 every time he passes back to Carson. It's embarrassing that a player with a massive expanse of football pitch ahead can do nothing more inventive than turn backwards and give exactly the same view to someone 20 yards behind him.

It's clearly the game plan bud. If we can't see a good option, go back and start again rather than risk giving the ball away. It really isn't complicated and it's clearly a tactical instruction rather than Keogh deciding that's what he's going to do.

The number of fans around me moaning about it sends me mental - there are literally no decent passing options and he's being closed down so he plays it back. On the occasions he does then try a long ball it invariably fails (as long balls often do) and he gets a round of moans for that too. I'm not saying Keogh is perfect but this decision to play it back is not on him.

Next time he's on the ball, have a good look at the options he has rather than just watching him with the ball - I'm not saying it's like that every time but I don't understand why people can't see that it's a FL instruction. 

On 07/10/2018 at 07:14, Anag Ram said:

The balance in midfield isn't right. Johnson works hard and wins battles but struggles with passing. Mount is the luxury player who can be creative but can't tackle and Bryson is a midfield Nugent who runs around a lot without really achieving much.

I've been hammering BJ for his passing for ages but in the last two homes games he's been much better. He did a couple of excellent long passes against Norwich and again, the fans were on his back when actually most of his decisions were good. 

Credit where credit is due basically but admittedly ... a swallow doesn't make summer (trying to get some cliches in...) 

18 minutes ago, RaichCarter said:

It's clearly the game plan bud. If we can't see a good option, go back and start again rather than risk giving the ball away. It really isn't complicated and it's clearly a tactical instruction rather than Keogh deciding that's what he's going to do.

The number of fans around me moaning about it sends me mental - there are literally no decent passing options and he's being closed down so he plays it back. On the occasions he does then try a long ball it invariably fails (as long balls often do) and he gets a round of moans for that too. I'm not saying Keogh is perfect but this decision to play it back is not on him.

Next time he's on the ball, have a good look at the options he has rather than just watching him with the ball - I'm not saying it's like that every time but I don't understand why people can't see that it's a FL instruction. 

I've been hammering BJ for his passing for ages but in the last two homes games he's been much better. He did a couple of excellent long passes against Norwich and again, the fans were on his back when actually most of his decisions were good. 

Credit where credit is due basically but admittedly ... a swallow doesn't make summer (trying to get some cliches in...) 

Funny you should mention Keogh and Johnson and the fans' reactions to them. Both of them were at the 'Sellebrity Soccer' match at Pride Park with their kids yesterday, supporting DCCT on their day off and happy to chat to fans and have their photos taken.

1 hour ago, RaichCarter said:

I played the game long enough to know the difference between having no options and taking the easy one.

Keogh was passing back when he had no-one within a 10 yard radius. He and Tomori looked scared on the ball.

The more important question is why none of our midfield or wide players are offering themselves as alternatives.

Our running off the ball is poor. They do it in the warm-up.

I agree with you on BJ. His long passing has been impressive but he is not going to play the snappy short passes which will open things up. I like him and a few should adopt his attitude.

6 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Problem with that is if some stand all have to stand otherwise you spend your time sitting watching the back of someones arse all game. Not really fair on older supporters who for whatever reason can't stand for 90 mins.....and if you are taking a young child who won't be able to see.....

Thing is if you travel you know going to stand up.

I have sat down in the past I hate sitting down as I find it spoils the day all the fun you can have.

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

I have sat down in the past I hate sitting down as I find it spoils the day all the fun you can have.

Interesting logic B4......so basically sod everyone else who wants to sit and watch the game.....

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Really surprised by that view b4 ,, if you are farther back and can stand without impacting on others and forcing them to stand in a seating area then crack on but if not it just plain selfish and wrong and no amount of saying if you go away games then you know you have to stand makes it right or justifies totally don’t give a stuff about anybody else behaviour , I’m ok to stand or sit but if people behind me want to sit then I sit because it’s the right and proper thing to do 

6 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I played the game long enough to know the difference between having no options and taking the easy one.

Keogh was passing back when he had no-one within a 10 yard radius. He and Tomori looked scared on the ball.

The more important question is why none of our midfield or wide players are offering themselves as alternatives.

Our running off the ball is poor. They do it in the warm-up.

I agree with you on BJ. His long passing has been impressive but he is not going to play the snappy short passes which will open things up. I like him and a few should adopt his attitude.

What gets me with the back passing is when an option to pass forward is on and the player hasn’t taken the pass quick enough and then passes back because that forward option has gone. There are plenty of opportunities to move the ball forward quickly but some players slow the play down which does my head in.

Archived