V QPR (A) Match Thread

Millenniumram

Saturday 6th October, 3pm

Right, bit of a poo start there folks but I hang on. Give it time, the reign of millenniumram will get better eventually. Off to the new land of schteve at the weekend, against a team that always brings back good memories.

Usual stuff, team? 

Will we finally seem some different forwards in action?

Will we create some chances?

Short and sweet, just like our list of chances tonight.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got a 19 hour day ahead of me to get to this one and back, so I'm really hoping for a resounding win.

Carson; Bogle Keogh Tomori Malone; Johnson Bryson Mount; Wilson Marriott Waghorn

As Malone came in and did well, he should keep his place. And because of this, I don't really think we need another defender on the bench if we have Forsyth or Wisdom. Both can cover a full-back position and CB if needed, Pearce just takes up space when he isn't really going to impact the game. We'd be better off having an attacking player there just to give us a different option depending on how the game goes, e.g. Jozefzoon or Holmes. Or even Butterfield who can bring something slightly different to the midfield, although I'd be quite surprised to see him return.

Would be nice to go into the next international break on a win again, and hopefully in the play-off places.

My team FWIW

Carson

Bogle Keogh Davies Forsyth

Johnson 

Bryson Mount

Josefzoon Waghorn Wilson 

Malone is a decent footballer but he just doesn’t play like a full back so I can’t keep him in my side. Harsh on Tomori I know, but his lack of aerial ability has been at fault for so many goals this season it sadly spoils his otherwise excellent general play, and I’d like Davies back to add a bit more command at the back. It’s tomori V Keogh imo as they’re both similar players, and Keogh deserves his place after todays game, harsh on Fikayo that it is. That’s the front three with the most quality in our team imo. Marriott off the bench is a decent option, as is Nugent and Bennett. Want to rotate the midfield a bit for energy but I can’t see who to drop without it being harsh, and for that matter, who would come In.

8 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

My team FWIW

Carson

Bogle Keogh Davies Forsyth

Johnson 

Bryson Mount

Josefzoon Waghorn Wilson 

Malone is a decent footballer but he just doesn’t play like a full back so I can’t keep him in my side. Harsh on Tomori I know, but his lack of aerial ability has been at fault for so many goals this season it sadly spoils his otherwise excellent general play, and I’d like Davies back to add a bit more command at the back. It’s tomori V Keogh imo as they’re both similar players, and Keogh deserves his place after todays game, harsh on Fikayo that it is. That’s the front three with the most quality in our team imo. Marriott off the bench is a decent option, as is Nugent and Bennett. Want to rotate the midfield a bit for energy but I can’t see who to drop without it being harsh, and for that matter, who would come In.

It won't happen but I'd like to see us try something like this   

Carson

Davies             Temori     Keogh

Wilson              Huddlestone               Johnson                 Jozesfoon           

Mount

Marriott                Waghorn

Anyone know where the away pubs are? Need to chase my tickets today as that could get embarrassing 

i have been having banter with my QPR supporting work mates so hope I can smile on Monday

they are getting a little cocky again after a couple of wins. Not my favourite stadium as it was built for people who are 3’2” horrible legroom 

COYRs 

40 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Anyone know where the away pubs are? Need to chase my tickets today as that could get embarrassing 

i have been having banter with my QPR supporting work mates so hope I can smile on Monday

they are getting a little cocky again after a couple of wins. Not my favourite stadium as it was built for people who are 3’2” horrible legroom 

COYRs 

To be honest I always go in the Springbok just outside the ground but is not an away pub and you have to put up with watching re runs of Stan Bowles and Gerry Francis on the big screen but beer is ok ?

1 hour ago, Saity said:

Carson

Mount

I don't fancy that set up with Carson playing near the corner flag. ?

2 hours ago, Saity said:

Carson

Mount

of course it wont happen! We would get smashed down the flanks with that line up- Wilson and jozefzoon are no way near defensive enough to deal with them.

Archived