v Manchester United (a) Match tHread

Boycie

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

duck it, I'm convinced.

For us to go to Manchester United - no matter their style of play - and put in that sort of performance is a huge, huge statement. We're far from the perfect Championship side, there's still areas of the side which doesn't perfectly fit, and we're still going to have issues against sides who don't give us space to place, but....

We went to Manchester United and we were the better team. We were more positive, more direct, more dangerous. We rode our luck but so did they, we really, really deserved that.

I love Frank. I love his style of play. I love the way that this side has bought into that. The improvement that I've seen in this team from the start of August onwards really is incredible. We've developed the style as a team, become more familiar, and now we look like it's something we've been building on for two or three seasons. To be able to transition from the football we played last season to the football we're playing this year is a huge achievement.

Proud of every player tonight. Things can happen for us this season, I really am confident.

100% deserved, the balls of our manager and our team to play that way at OT will hopefully get the plaudits they deserve. 

I don't like looking back and comparing but 4 months ago we went to Craven Cottage against Fulham ducking football club and played with so much reserve and caution like they were untouchable. A few months on and we've just played Manchester United off the park on their own turf. What a turnaround. Long may it continue. 

Archived