v Manchester United (a) Match tHread

Boycie

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I think that would be going a bit too far, I wouldn't want to destroy his confidence entirely.

To pass it to Wilson from that position would be foolish. If you don't back yourself to score from there, should you be a forward player?

He just simply has to score it. I referred to no excuses as in you can't say it was a good save or anything that would let him off a little. You simply have to score those kind of opportunities in any game let alone away to Manchester United.

If someone is in a better position, pass it for an open goal. Bryson showed you how to do it. Bennett hit it straight at the goalie!

Just now, rammieib said:

If someone is in a better position, pass it for an open goal. Bryson showed you how to do it. Bennett hit it straight at the goalie!

He was in the six yard box with a clear sight at goal. Yes in hindsight you can say well he should have passed, because he missed. But in that situation the shot was quite obviously on. Had he scored, which he should have done, then the pass wouldn't have even been mentioned.

Failing to square the ball isn't where the issue was with Bennett's decision, it was his panicked finish straight at the keeper.

1 minute ago, 86 points said:

A couple of defensive schizoid embolisms apart, I think we've been excellent so far. Lots of movement and some nice interchanges in midfield and decent movement off the ball too. Tough ask away to Manure but we've not looked wildly out of place. COYR

Thinking the same. Some nice play, looking confident knocking the ball around. For all our nice work in their half it would be nice to get a couple of shots in though. Can’t rely on our back 4 tonight. They’re all struggling. 

Archived