Mason Mount

Cam the Ram

If Mount continues to play well, work hard and score goals he will definitely play in the Premier league next season. If Chelsea don't see him as first team material just yet they won't want him playing for a Champions league rival so if we go up we will be favourites to keep him on loan thanks to Super Frank.

If we don't go up we can't expect him to have another season at this level and he'll probably end up at Watford making the best midfield partnership (with Hughes), the world has ever seen.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if anyone noticed or mentioned this in one of the other thousand threads started since the Utd game, but pretty sure the cameras showed Lukaku asking Mount for this shirt, and then Mount saying he'd swap once they were inside. He knows where the lad is heading. ?

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Hope he does get an England call up, be great to see an active derby player, even if only a loaned, turning out for the nation. He’s definately got the class too, the way he glides across the football field and the way he sees the game is wonderful to watch.

He really does glide. He's deceptively quick with it too, and can get away from people over 5/10 yards. Very classy young man. He does seem to get better in every game!

Other clubs are going to target him. It's a compliment of course, but I hope refs give him protection.

On 28/08/2018 at 16:28, Ambitious said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see him hit 20 goals this season. I can see why there is comparisons to Hughes, who had perhaps nicer close control, but he's two goals away from matching Hughes' best goalscoring season already in a Derby shirt & we're not even out of August yet

Mount is a match winner. I'd put money on him making the England squad before the season is out too. 

I could have changed that to 'year is out' and still been right. 

Well deserved! 

• 1 month later...

Anyone else see Mason wearing a "ski boot" watching from the stands on Saturday..? had someone earlier scare the life out of me saying he's out for 6 weeks! I'm taking that with a pinch of salt though til we hear anything official. 

Archived