What's happening with George Thorne?

twinthe_12

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Your just grumpy because of Chris Martin. 

Yeah, some fans give Cam Jam (sic) more support. One of our best strikers in decades, p*ssed about by the club, made almost valueless both literally and financially. Bah.

7 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

It's up to George to show why he is indispensable.

Agree and that’s why I think there’s more to this than we are a party to, GT looks good in the U23s yet FL won’t bring him into the first team picture whilst at same time stating that everyone has a chance. Contradictory. Must be something happening (or not!!!) on a day to day basis that we don’t see that’s not impressing FL. 

4 minutes ago, Gisby said:

Agree and that’s why I think there’s more to this than we are a party to, GT looks good in the U23s yet FL won’t bring him into the first team picture whilst at same time stating that everyone has a chance. Contradictory. Must be something happening (or not!!!) on a day to day basis that we don’t see that’s not impressing FL. 

Still possibly a fitness issue. Frank will know what he's doing.

Just now, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

You are not wrong Roy but it's time to move on.

I want the best for the Rams, we're playing 4-3-3, perfect for one of the better strikers in this league - why do we have to move on? Same with Thorne, we're paying for them both - maybe we can get them back fit and … we've just paid £5m for a slightly different version of Chris Martin! But I do think Waggy will do well.

Anyone thought about not only the physical impact but mental impact the numerous injuries could’ve had on George. Might be physically fit but his head may not be right and therefore needs careful integration. I’m speculating but others have speculated is attitude is wrong, frank wants him out, he’s finished etc!! 

The guy needs a break (pardon the pun..a positive one!) Frank will either integrate into the team at the right time or move him on at the right time but Frank will do what’s right for the club and if he can I’m sure he will do the right thing by George while he’s still at the club.

Just hope he can re-establish his career even if that means moving on. The guy is just too big a talent to be lost to the game.

But opportunity knocks, if his head is right he has a prime opportunity to force his way into our plans with Evans out injured! Would be brilliant to see him in a Derby shirt again.

i would have thought Messrs  Edworthy and Nicholson, would have mentioned this by now, they

must know whether he's still building match fitness etc.. or not. Usually when the topic is discussed

at length on here - someone will come up with something!!!!!

3 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Frank said words to the effect in his pre- match press conference that after the window anyone at the club could still force their way into his squad by demonstating desire and ability. It's up to George then!

Really hope so, but have to agree with Roy Mac that Frank was just playing poker face here, what Manager with any sense would say they want rid of someone, when the chances are they might not go.

Frank now has a choicewith George, same goes with Butterfield and Anya, are they left with the under 23’s or do they show enough to integrate them back into the first team squad? The further option being negotiate a contract pay off, possible but unlikely.

George is the only one I’d want and love back in f.w.i.w but I’m still doubtful it will happen.

It is odd he hasn't had a loan. Completely near sighted if he isn't given the chance to prove his fitness and talent in training and squad reps where possible. If he is fit and mentally right he has to be part of the reckoning.. he's simply too good to be discounted. Come on George prove your worth kid...

3 hours ago, RodleyRam said:

It is odd he hasn't had a loan. Completely near sighted if he isn't given the chance to prove his fitness and talent in training and squad reps where possible. If he is fit and mentally right he has to be part of the reckoning.. he's simply too good to be discounted. Come on George prove your worth kid...

He was good.  After his injury he played very poorly. I was baffled he was given a new contract 

2 hours ago, Gritty said:

He was good.  After his injury he played very poorly. I was baffled he was given a new contract 

I agree. Unfortunately with the merry go round of managers in recent years. A new manager will probably make a decision on a player based on what he knows from hear-say or what he could see from the outside. In George they know he is or has been a good player and maybe the hope was he would re-kindle that skill when fully fit. I don't profess to know what is actually going on. But a fully firing GT would walk into any championship teams and a good few premier teams. So I can only assume, if he is mentally fit then it must be a mental block 

2 hours ago, Gritty said:

I think George is the one player we all rate. Add in that age wise he still has lots of years to give. So given the prices asked for players these days maybe a contract was worth the gamble on his fitness and return to form. I have a sneaking suspicion that in the next 2-3 months George will be on the bench. If not then the January window beckons

3 hours ago, Gritty said:

Still maintain he wasn't as bad as people made out.

The main reason he didnt look good was the way the team lined up but even so.

I do think his performances are over analysed when he does play, seriously if thorne had put in the type of performance ledley and huddlestone did against burton at the pirelli there would have been pages and pages of discussion about it.

Its not a bad thing in a way we expect so much, but it can work to his detriment at times. Then rowett threw him under the bus after the sunderland game.

Still Ive said all of this before.

1 hour ago, jono said:

I think George is the one player we all rate. Add in that age wise he still has lots of years to give. So given the prices asked for players these days maybe a contract was worth the gamble on his fitness and return to form. I have a sneaking suspicion that in the next 2-3 months George will be on the bench. If not then the January window beckons

? make or break time, next 4 months will reveal all. 

Archived