What's happening with George Thorne?

twinthe_12

11 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Didn't the high court papers also say that we have to pay West Brom 20k every time he plays a game.  

Could be another reason he isn't getting anywhere near the squad

shouldn't cost too much, he ain't started or finished many?

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, loweman2 said:

Just seen these pics from the last home game, George is the only one not in official Dcfc clothing on match day !????

40AE1E46-3D9A-4327-9E27-F646D962DF39.jpeg

He's the cool kid from school who flaunts the uniform rules - we all knew one!

What I want to know is who is on the other six photos? 

I'm really hoping that the lack of activity is an indication that Lampard sees something in him, but thinks he needs a few more 90s in the U23s before throwing him on the bench.

For the way we want to play, he is the ideal anchor if we can get him back to his best. Him and Tom competing for the position at the base of our three is the stuff of dreams.

4 minutes ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

I'm really hoping that the lack of activity is an indication that Lampard sees something in him, but thinks he needs a few more 90s in the U23s before throwing him on the bench.

For the way we want to play, he is the ideal anchor if we can get him back to his best. Him and Tom competing for the position at the base of our three is the stuff of dreams.

Well he's stuck here now so you'd hope they might try and do something with him, otherwise he just rots away in the shadows. 

The only other thing is he's been lined up to be released!

4 minutes ago, Gritty said:

I suspect he wanted a championship move but nobody came in for him.  Probably loaned to league one in Jan.

Rumour has it that QPR came in but we we're asking for too much.

Not sure how true that is, but Mac and co went to at least two of our U23 games. 

Personally I can’t work this one out, if you watch\listen to FLs pre Hull media briefing on Rams TV his whole mantra is work ethic, work ethic, work ethic. If you train hard then you take this into match day and play hard. You will get your chance. GT has come back from two serious injuries recently and has looked good in the U23s so you can hardly accuse him of not making the effort to get back to a decent level of fitness. Therefore I keep asking myself why doesn’t FL fancy him? Taking the money\finances aspect aside there has to be more to this than we are all aware of. Is there a problem between the two of them?? I’m somewhat at a loss!!!

2 minutes ago, Gisby said:

Personally I can’t work this one out, if you watch\listen to FLs pre Hull media briefing on Rams TV his whole mantra is work ethic, work ethic, work ethic. If you train hard then you take this into match day and play hard. You will get your chance. GT has come back from two serious injuries recently and has looked good in the U23s so you can hardly accuse him of not making the effort to get back to a decent level of fitness. Therefore I keep asking myself why doesn’t FL fancy him? Taking the money\finances aspect aside there has to be more to this than we are all aware of. Is there a problem between the two of them?? I’m somewhat at a loss!!!

Tbf you could spin that the opposite way. 

After seeing what George is capable of, Frank may have set him the challenge of proving his fitness in the 23's, has liked what he's seen and instead of sending him out on loan, will use the upcoming 2 week break to reintegrate George with the 1st team.

Of course that could be well wide of the mark, but it's not beyond reason either.

8 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

After seeing what George is capable of, Frank may have set him the challenge of proving his fitness in the 23's, has liked what he's seen and instead of sending him out on loan, will use the upcoming 2 week break to reintegrate George with the 1st team.

Of course that could be well wide of the mark, but it's not beyond reason either.

Gods, let this be so. We all know what a fully fit, focused George is capable of, think of what he could do in Lampard's super- duper-quick-slick-ticca-takka dream team.

7 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I have already stated, that frank does not seem to rush any player with lack of match fitness or recently recovered from an injury. We have seen this with even some of the new signings. I believe, that George is in Frank's plans and will get his chance once he is ready. I got to take my hat off for Frank not rushing with bringing in the player to soon. Perhaps during his long playing career Frank saw players of quality rushed back into 1st team football and its not paid off for the team and manager. Don't be surprised to see George picked for the subs bench for the Rotherham or Blackburn games which come up after the International break.

Just now, plymouthram said:

I have already stated, that frank does not seem to rush any player with lack of match fitness or recently recovered from an injury. We have seen this with even some of the new signings. I believe, that George is in Frank's plans and will get his chance once he is ready. I got to take my hat off for Frank not rushing with bringing in the player to soon. Perhaps during his long playing career Frank saw players of quality rushed back into 1st team football and its not paid off for the team and manager. Don't be surprised to see George picked for the subs bench for the Rotherham or Blackburn games which come up after the International break.

Do you know what? I think you could be on to summat there.

26 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Hope you are right ?

18 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Really hope you are somewhere near the truth, my only concern is that GT appears to be one of the pre loan window shutting group of unmentionables ie Martin, Butterfield, Jerome, Pearce, Anya et al. Frozen out and not even referred to by name when it comes to potentially getting a game. If FL had acknowledged his existence once in a while I would be more confident. Like I say hope you’re right & I’m wrong. 

5 minutes ago, Gisby said:

Hope you are right ?

So do I. 

But I'm not saying that will happen, just that I hope that's the case.

If I had to nail my position down, I think that GT has probably played his last game for us, but where there's life there's hope!

If George does make a  successful return Lampard goes from boss to God.

6 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

So do I. 

But I'm not saying that will happen, just that I hope that's the case.

If I had to nail my position down, I think that GT has probably played his last game for us, but where there's life there's hope!

If George does make a  successful return Lampard goes from boss to God.

Too right ?

53 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Frank said words to the effect in his pre- match press conference that after the window anyone at the club could still force their way into his squad by demonstating desire and ability. 

Yeah well he would say that wouldn't he, else he's a load of disillusioned players not making the squad, sitting around on their @rses getting fat. ?

Archived